Will Bama be able to pressure Mond?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

Will Bama be able to pressure Mond?

I hope we donít see the mush rush all game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation All-American

Re: Will Bama be able to pressure Mond?

Quote Originally Posted by Tide&True View Post
    I hope we don’t see the mush rush all game.

Now is the time for the rush to work well...... don’t need to give him time to breath

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I honestly don't know what to expect, but will not be surprised to see the mush rush on 3rd and long. Saban is going to make Mond beat Alabama with his arm.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I honestly don't know what to expect, but will not be surprised to see the mush rush on 3rd and long. Saban is going to make Mond beat Alabama with his arm.
    I’d love to see the DBs feast on some INTs

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Good point B1G....just donít want to see him run up the middle like Ole Miss did.

"They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Mond has 1 or 2 games a year of just going off on a good team... unfortunatly that is usually us. I think aTm will score on us, and probably isnt a score that we will want to see. But he wont be able to keep pace with tua. I think we are right over the spread.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

I sure hope our rush defense is better vs Mond. I think Jimbo will run him much more than he has run so far this year.

He will probably have some trick plays (I hope we do too) since it was the bye week.

I checked the weather for the game yesterday, and it showed much cooler temps in the 70's. I think it is supposed to rain/storm there on Friday so hopefully that will not delay until Saturday. It is supposed to be winds of 10-20 mph.

Hopefully Saban/Golding has been saving some defensive strategies for Texas Am, LSU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

It is likely we will see mush rush because of inexperience on Defense. Once the LB and DL figures out the things.... that's when we'll see the playbook expands. Gotta keep getting our players some experience. At this point, they should have seen enough by now to react to the offense and shifting of the players.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

So we've been pretty vanilla on defense so far on purpose, right? Are the freshmen ready for a few wrinkles by now? OR, do we even need a few wrinkles?

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    So we've been pretty vanilla on defense so far on purpose, right? Are the freshmen ready for a few wrinkles by now? OR, do we even need a few wrinkles?
    Doubt you will see anything new - just a focus on better execution for aTm.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

The mush rush is how you beat a quarterback that you donít think can win with his arm. The mush rush technique first began in Tebowís time, he always seemed to escape when our guys pushed too far upfield and created lanes in the middle. The next time around the line stayed in front and with containment in mind and his production took a hit. You donít want guys like Mond throwing on the run or when theyíre moving freely. You want these guys to think about making a fundamentally sound throw, that seems to knock them a little off kilter.

"It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

He rushed for 98 yds against us last year on 18 carries. Thatís over 5 yds/carry and last yearís D was better than this years. Contain will be the biggest issue as I see it but he could also hurt us in the throw gameóhe completed half of his passes against us last year for 198 yds.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Mond has 1 or 2 games a year of just going off on a good team... unfortunatly that is usually us. I think aTm will score on us, and probably isnt a score that we will want to see. But he wont be able to keep pace with tua. I think we are right over the spread.
    I predict this will be his Heisman audition for next year.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner