Third Saturday in October time announced - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

Re: Third Saturday in October time announced

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlinKnoxville View Post
    On a serious note, the 3rd Saturday in October isn't currently the big deal it once was because of the Vols' current conundrum. That probably explains the late time slot.

And here's to many more!
    I agree. I check in over on one of their boards from time to time. Checking in today and I see some of the humor 10RC fans are employing to salve the wounds: "
    The once feared battleship that was Tennessee football is now an abandoned derelict afloat in the merciless sea that is SEC football, fit only for target practice by programs with competent captains. It's rapidly becoming a menace to navigation and should be sunk.
    So poignant, so sad, so true.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

Advice from an old farmer: "The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’."
    "Always drink upstream from the herd."
    "If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..."

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

The wife and I were planning on going to this one but the time just took it out of play with our sitter.

i'm actually glad to see this for selfish reasons. i am flying back from california that day and my plane lands at 9 pm eastern. i live close enough to the airport that, assuming the usual delays in start times, i should be able to see almost the entire game
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar

I'll be taking my son (7 years old) to this one. We're coming from Atlanta, so this game will technically be past his bedtime, but I think he'll be just fine. He's been begging for us to make it over and he has a respectable level of disdain for Twelversee given we've been beating them since before my wife and I started dating.

It will make for a long day though, so this one better be a blowout in favor of the good guys by halftime.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I thought this was going to end up being an 8pm kickoff game. We usually have one of them per season it seems.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

I was hoping it would be an hour or so sooner since it will start at 9pm here in GA. Glad Bama will get to use the new stadium lights though.

Isn't this Bama's homecoming game? Should be a wild weekend for the students.

I think TN has a bye week this weekend so Pruitt will probably install some tricks and not let anyone know who the starting QB will be for the game vs Bama.

I think I read where Arik Gilbert may visit for this game. It will be a great one for him to visit!

I work every Saturday and don't get home til around 6:00. So far, this season, I've had to record the games, avoid all social media and watch after I get home. This will be the first one I get to see live
    "Auburn would never admit it, but it always wanted to be Alabama when it grew up." -ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    I was hoping it would be an hour or so sooner since it will start at 9pm here in GA. Glad Bama will get to use the new stadium lights though.

Isn't this Bama's homecoming game? Should be a wild weekend for the students.

I think TN has a bye week this weekend so Pruitt will probably install some tricks and not let anyone know who the starting QB will be for the game vs Bama.

I think I read where Arik Gilbert may visit for this game. It will be a great one for him to visit!
    Arkansas is homecoming

I had feeling that this would be our first night game and I am happy to see it, but they did wait until we got past the heat and they of course gave us the dreaded 8:00 p.m. slot that will make it a late night getting home after the game. Kick-off will be 8:15 or later and it will be about midnight before it finishes. Loving another opportunity for a beatdown!

BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

I keep hearing on the radio and seeing on the Vol boards how they're finally "getting it together" because of the first half against Georgia. But what I think they don't understand is that Georgia slept through the first half. If Georgia had been prepared and took them seriously before getting behind, it would have been an even bigger blowout.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

We haven't had many problems with slow starts on offense the last 1.5 years. My guess is their moral victory will come from getting a 10 points or so in the first half after getting down 3 or 4 scores.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

If our guys come to play, this could actually be worse than last year’s 58-21 beat down. Have we ever dropped 60 on the Vols?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    If our guys come to play, this could actually be worse than last year’s 58-21 beat down. Have we ever dropped 60 on the Vols?
    Seems like as good of time as any to try