Third Saturday in October time announced - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Third Saturday in October time announced

Lotta good an 8:00 kickoff does when cool weather has finally arrived, after we played in the heat of the day for the first half of the season...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

I'm going to monitor the ticket sale to see if anyone sell their for good seats.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    If our guys come to play, this could actually be worse than last yearís 58-21 beat down. Have we ever dropped 60 on the Vols?
    A little historical data. Last year was the most points we've scored on them numerically. But the biggest point margin was the 51-0 beatdown we put on them back in 1906.

Ah yes, I can still remember looking up at that scoreboard, with the final 51-0, written in chalk...

Conversely, our biggest loss to them, point differential-wise, was '69 when they beat us 41-14. I was present at that one when I was a student at the University. Next was '31, (not there) losing 0-25, followed by '70, losing 0-24, present at that one. So I've had the dubious honor of being in attendance at two of our worst losses to 10RC.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if we bumped it up to us scoring 60 points this year...

If you're interested in historical data, here is one of a bunch of sites out there that provide head-to-head game scores through the years (if selmaborntidefan isn't available at the moment.)
    CLICK
    Last edited by FitToBeTide; October 7th, 2019 at 04:53 PM.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

Advice from an old farmer: "The biggest troublemaker youíll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morniní."
    "Always drink upstream from the herd."
    "If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..."

BamaNation All-American

The SEC ainít gonna rest till they kill live attendance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May have to take a late afternoon nap. I rarely stay up past 10 PM Ga time during football season unless it is a Bama game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Lotta good an 8:00 kickoff does when cool weather has finally arrived, after we played in the heat of the day for the first half of the season...
    Our fans can dress accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i'm actually glad to see this for selfish reasons. i am flying back from california that day and my plane lands at 9 pm eastern. i live close enough to the airport that, assuming the usual delays in start times, i should be able to see almost the entire game
    Iím actually doing a tour/hike of the battlefields at Chickamauga and Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga that day. I should be back home before or shortly after kick. Only question is will I be able to stay awake.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

Quote Originally Posted by FitToBeTide View Post
    Conversely, our biggest loss to them, point differential-wise, was '69 when they beat us 41-14. I was present at that one when I was a student at the University.
    CLICK
    We also lost to them in '95 by a score of 41-14 if I'm not mistaken. Peyton led the band in a rendition of Rocky Top. #neverforget
    RTR

BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

Correct, Trenda. The '69 game stood out because I was in attendance, which added another layer of pain.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

Advice from an old farmer: "The biggest troublemaker youíll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morniní."
    "Always drink upstream from the herd."
    "If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..."

BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    We also lost to them in '95 by a score of 41-14 if I'm not mistaken. Peyton led the band in a rendition of Rocky Top. #neverforget
    I remember that and I was NOT amused. I've had nothing for Peyton Manning ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlinKnoxville View Post
    I remember that and I was NOT amused. I've had nothing for Peyton Manning ever since.
    I second that emotion.....
    "May the Tide Be with You"

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    The SEC ainít gonna rest till they kill live attendance

Yep. Driving over from Atlanta for the game. 9PM EST kickoff is ridiculous. I guess we might make it to the 3rd qtr.

BamaNation All-SEC BamaFanInTally's Avatar

Makes for a 9pm start time for me. Hoping that the game is technically over by 10 pm.