Third Saturday in October time announced

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was hoping it would be an hour or so sooner since it will start at 9pm here in GA. Glad Bama will get to use the new stadium lights though.

Isn't this Bama's homecoming game? Should be a wild weekend for the students.

I think TN has a bye week this weekend so Pruitt will probably install some tricks and not let anyone know who the starting QB will be for the game vs Bama.

I think I read where Arik Gilbert may visit for this game. It will be a great one for him to visit!
Arkansas is homecoming

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I had feeling that this would be our first night game and I am happy to see it, but they did wait until we got past the heat and they of course gave us the dreaded 8:00 p.m. slot that will make it a late night getting home after the game. Kick-off will be 8:15 or later and it will be about midnight before it finishes. Loving another opportunity for a beatdown!

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I keep hearing on the radio and seeing on the Vol boards how they're finally "getting it together" because of the first half against Georgia. But what I think they don't understand is that Georgia slept through the first half. If Georgia had been prepared and took them seriously before getting behind, it would have been an even bigger blowout.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We haven't had many problems with slow starts on offense the last 1.5 years. My guess is their moral victory will come from getting a 10 points or so in the first half after getting down 3 or 4 scores.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Lotta good an 8:00 kickoff does when cool weather has finally arrived, after we played in the heat of the day for the first half of the season...

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
If our guys come to play, this could actually be worse than last year’s 58-21 beat down. Have we ever dropped 60 on the Vols?
A little historical data. Last year was the most points we've scored on them numerically. But the biggest point margin was the 51-0 beatdown we put on them back in 1906.

Ah yes, I can still remember looking up at that scoreboard, with the final 51-0, written in chalk...:wink: :D

Conversely, our biggest loss to them, point differential-wise, was '69 when they beat us 41-14. I was present at that one when I was a student at the University. Next was '31, (not there) losing 0-25, followed by '70, losing 0-24, present at that one. So I've had the dubious honor of being in attendance at two of our worst losses to 10RC.:mad:

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if we bumped it up to us scoring 60 points this year...

If you're interested in historical data, here is one of a bunch of sites out there that provide head-to-head game scores through the years (if selmaborntidefan isn't available at the moment.:smile:)
CLICK

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The SEC ain’t gonna rest till they kill live attendance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
May have to take a late afternoon nap. I rarely stay up past 10 PM Ga time during football season unless it is a Bama game.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
i'm actually glad to see this for selfish reasons. i am flying back from california that day and my plane lands at 9 pm eastern. i live close enough to the airport that, assuming the usual delays in start times, i should be able to see almost the entire game
I’m actually doing a tour/hike of the battlefields at Chickamauga and Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga that day. I should be back home before or shortly after kick. Only question is will I be able to stay awake.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The SEC ain’t gonna rest till they kill live attendance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Driving over from Atlanta for the game. 9PM EST kickoff is ridiculous. I guess we might make it to the 3rd qtr.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.