News Article: Tennessee radio personality camping out on roof of Toyota Knoxville until Vols win - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Second Team TideNL'ville's Avatar

Re: Tennessee radio personality camping out on roof of Toyota Knoxville until Vols wi

You might be right. It's been a few days since then.
    "Ouch!" - Me, when I hit my head on the ceiling when Tiffin's kick went through the uprights.

BamaNation First Team

Re: Tennessee radio personality camping out on roof of Toyota Knoxville until Vols wi

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlinKnoxville View Post
    I heard this stupidity on the radio this morning as it was unfolding.

By sheer, uncanny coincidence, it just so happened that after the Bozo made his pronouncement about living on a rooftop until they win again, the very next caller just happened to be a rep from Toyota Knoxville. It's a good thing that it was sheer, random happenstance, because otherwise someone might get the incorrect idea that this was a planned promotion by Toyota Knoxville. It's amazing how these things just fall into place sometimes.

And because they've chosen to insult our intelligence in this manner, I hope he's stuck up there until the start of the 2021 season.
    I understand supporting my team....but.....if I ever did decide to go to this degree of sacrifice...I would sure enough pick a more dependable manner of being rescued from my silly actions.

BamaNation First Team

Seems like someone else did this a few years back??

Billboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    Seems like someone else did this a few years back??

BamaNation Hall of Fame

maybe he brought a Snow Suit...

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Billboard?
    Yes it was a billboard. Can't recall which school it was but hey....it must have set a precedent.

BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

Name:  Tyler-Ivens-roof-Glenn-Jacobs-768x414.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  60.9 KB

The one on the left is the guy, Tyler Ivers. Apparently 10RC has employed this strategy for victory before during a drought back in '88, I believe, that time for a total of 33 days.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

Advice from an old farmer: "The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’."
    "Always drink upstream from the herd."
    "If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..."

Yes it was a billboard. Can't recall which school it was but hey....it must have set a precedent.
    Nashville radio host who was a UT fan in 1988.
    Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    It didn't go too well the last time:
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...no/2419494001/

The funniest part of this story is that Vandy started that season 2-0 or 3-0, and a Vandy fan, who I believe was also a Nashville radio personality, went up on another billboard in town and vowed not to come down until Vandy lost. We all know which one slept in his own bed that first Saturday night . . .

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

It was Tony Kurre when he was at 99.5 in Birmingham in 1990

He talks about it here

LINK

BamaNation All-SEC

.. as "A Long December" by Counting Crows plays softly in the background ...

BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrollTide View Post
    .. as "A Long December" by Counting Crows plays softly in the background ...
    They have a new fight song, too: "I'll be Home For Christmas"