News Article: Tennessee radio personality camping out on roof of Toyota Knoxville until Vols win

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Unless Tennessee can upset Mississippi State.....they'll lose the next week to Alabama....probably lose to Carolina the next week, then they play a UAB team that is 4-1 as I type this. Apparently ESPN's FPI says Tennessee has an 85.7% chance of winning that one.

After that, they are picked to lose until Vandy, they have a 77.2% chance on that one.

Best case scenario, that guy will be up there until November 2nd, but he'll give up before then.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
They don't want anyone stopping by an shouting words of encouragement...LOL...can we go with tomatoes, water balloons and insults? That would be for both Mr. Ivens and the people that pay him that thought this was a good idea...Just WOW!!! And he said that if they lose all of their games he's there until next year!!! I am now an even bigger fan (didn't think this was possible) of ANYONE playing Elevenessee...RTR!

***Twelveessee!!! Knew that...My bad...:pDT_tnp: on TideFans.com

He could be up there for awhile with the Third Saturday next week.

https://volswire.usatoday.com/2019/...-toyota-knoxvilles-roof-until-vols-win-again/

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
They don't want anyone stopping by an shouting words of encouragement...LOL...can we go with tomatoes, water balloons and insults? That would be for both Mr. Ivens and the people that pay him that thought this was a good idea...Just WOW!!! And he said that if they lose all of their games he's there until next year!!! I am now an even bigger fan (didn't think this was possible) of ANYONE playing Elevenessee...RTR!
It is Twelveessee. 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, & 18

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I heard this stupidity on the radio this morning as it was unfolding.

By sheer, uncanny coincidence, it just so happened that after the Bozo made his pronouncement about living on a rooftop until they win again, the very next caller just happened to be a rep from Toyota Knoxville. It's a good thing that it was sheer, random happenstance, because otherwise someone might get the incorrect idea that this was a planned promotion by Toyota Knoxville. It's amazing how these things just fall into place sometimes.

And because they've chosen to insult our intelligence in this manner, I hope he's stuck up there until the start of the 2021 season.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
It didn't go too well the last time:
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...ut-vols-radio-duncan-stewart-reno/2419494001/

The funniest part of this story is that Vandy started that season 2-0 or 3-0, and a Vandy fan, who I believe was also a Nashville radio personality, went up on another billboard in town and vowed not to come down until Vandy lost. We all know which one slept in his own bed that first Saturday night . . .

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It didn't go too well the last time:
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...ut-vols-radio-duncan-stewart-reno/2419494001/

The funniest part of this story is that Vandy started that season 2-0 or 3-0, and a Vandy fan, who I believe was also a Nashville radio personality, went up on another billboard in town and vowed not to come down until Vandy lost. We all know which one slept in his own bed that first Saturday night . . .
He thought an unlimited supply of beer while perched on a billboard was a good idea?

I agree this stunt is a promo for the Toyota dealer. Otherwise he’d just be on the roof of the station. Still funny and I hope he is up there until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.