Why Do I Not Like Joe Burrow?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Half of Baton Rouge is still butt hurt that Coach Saban left them for the Pros.
I think they could have moved past CNS going to the NFL and being successful. But they've never got over him making Bama the SEC KING again. And they never will!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I too see no reason to dislike him. He is the kind of QB that CNS would love to coach. I still wonder why these young QBs coming out to high school do not do a better job of analyzing their probability of early PT vs RS at the schools that are recruiting them. Joe Burrow and Tate Martel, both highly recruited to tOSU, have left Columbus, as Justin Fields arrives from Athens.

It is my opinion that these recruits' parents and or high school coaches need to better inform them on how to handle high pressure recruiters. Is the question to these players, "do you only want to play for tOSU, Alabama, etc. and possibly sit for two years, or go to another school and compete for PT immediately?". I understand their desire to compete at tOSU, Alabama, but would they be better off seeing who is stockpiled at these schools and go to Indiana or Arkansas where they would have a real chance at early PT.
While it is true that some of these kids may go to Indiana or Arkansas and get to play sooner, some of them may also be forced into bad situations where they never develop, develop bad habits, get injured behind a terrible line, or have no skill players to throw to. There are two sides to the playing early coin. Maybe they show their ability and star for three years before heading to the NFL to make millions. Maybe they get sacked thirty times and become gun-shy and are never heard from again.

Edit- The thread is about Boe Jurrow, so I'll give my opinion of him. I must say that every interview of his that I have seen have shown him to be a bit of a d-bag. Of course, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Like him or hate him he is one of the best stories of the season so far. Love that kind of stuff. But believe that UF has a defense unlike the corndogs have seen to date and predict it a'int gonna be a cake walk for them to win...maybe a squeeker or 10 point game late but this will be a fun one to watch.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I thought there was a thread discussing UF vs. LSU, but maybe I'm remembering last weeks AU vs. UF discussion. At any rate, my biggest questions are:

Can the UF defense slow down LSU enough to allow the UF offense to keep up?

Is the LSU offense going to have some adversity against the UF defense?

I think a lower-scoring game favors UF!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Like him or hate him he is one of the best stories of the season so far. Love that kind of stuff. But believe that UF has a defense unlike the corndogs have seen to date and predict it a'int gonna be a cake walk for them to win...maybe a squeeker or 10 point game late but this will be a fun one to watch.
LSU’s schedule to date is a combined 9-16. They haven’t played a team with a defense.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Alabama's combined schedule ia 11-16, we haven't played a team with a defense either.
Very true. And we have not seen a D like the Gators either. Glad its them whoopin up on each other this weekend so we can see what happens. Willl be a tell tale game for both teams.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Like I said before - wouldn't blame anyone if they had picked Auburn or am picking LSU to beat Florida.

LSU having a 76% chance of winning according to the FPI.

Yesterday on Finebaum there was a Coach Spurrier segment and the first thing he said was this game was not between Eastern division opponents and the big one for Florida would be the Georgia game.

So I guess this takes a little of the pressure off Florida, should they lose the game, they could still be in the running to win the East.

That said - this is a huge game because of the past few years history since the hurricane mess and also because both teams are in the top 10 rankings which has implications going forward for a possible berth in the CFB playoffs.

I'm looking forward to the game and am hoping for an injury-free battle of two great SEC programs.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I too see no reason to dislike him. He is the kind of QB that CNS would love to coach. I still wonder why these young QBs coming out to high school do not do a better job of analyzing their probability of early PT vs RS at the schools that are recruiting them. Joe Burrow and Tate Martel, both highly recruited to tOSU, have left Columbus, as Justin Fields arrives from Athens.

It is my opinion that these recruits' parents and or high school coaches need to better inform them on how to handle high pressure recruiters. Is the question to these players, "do you only want to play for tOSU, Alabama, etc. and possibly sit for two years, or go to another school and compete for PT immediately?". I understand their desire to compete at tOSU, Alabama, but would they be better off seeing who is stockpiled at these schools and go to Indiana or Arkansas where they would have a real chance at early PT.
Problem with going to some of those schools...
Nobody knows your name.
Nobody names their kid after a QB that no one recognizes when they walk down the street.

Sounds like a Country song...

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Florida Gators are bringing an upscaled D to Tiger stadium. Lsu will also face the best Def Co-ord they have seen to date. Respect both these teams, but pulling for Florida on that day.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Burrow reminds me of that goofy, kind of creepy comedian Jim Breuer from SNL and the movie “Half Baked”......

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.