Why Do I Not Like Joe Burrow?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm not sure why -- but he sure seems like someone that I will enjoy "not liking" --

There is a confidence, which is fine -- but it sure does seem to border on arrogance....

Or that he's wearing purple..... but there's just something.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That is one clean cut and well spoken kid. Lot of poise for his age too.

I really wanted him to come to Florida when he left tOSU.

You can tell he's a real competitor too. Should be an interesting game, all things considered.

As an aside.....wish they had a hand held mic to pass around when the questions were asked. SMH.....

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
That is one clean cut and well spoken kid. Lot of poise for his age too.

I really wanted him to come to Florida when he left tOSU.

You can tell he's a real competitor too. Should be an interesting game, all things considered.

As an aside.....wish they had a hand held mic to pass around when the questions were asked. SMH.....
This game kind of reminds me of the Florida/Auburn game....everybody is picking LSU (just like a lot picked Auburn last week). I get it since it’s at LSU but if Florida’s D plays like they did against Auburn it could be real interesting. Has Burrow had a bad game yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm not sure why -- but he sure seems like someone that I will enjoy "not liking" --

There is a confidence, which is fine -- but it sure does seem to border on arrogance....

Or that he's wearing purple..... but there's just something.....

Maybe it's his lie about UF being their "real rival," when we know who they really hate? :D

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
FIFY...

This game kind of reminds me of the Florida/Auburn game....everybody is picking LSU (just like a lot picked Auburn last week). I get it since it’s at LSU but if Florida’s D plays like they did against Auburn it could be real interesting. Has Burrow played anyone worth their weight yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Remember that he didn't get to LA in time to hate Saban. They apparently have done a poor job of indoctrinating him...
For sure he's not speaking for the LSU fan base.

He threw an interception in last year's game at The Swamp while they had their last chance to come back and was razzed pretty hard after the game - I think that's still pretty vivid in his memory.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I didn't see arrogance, but I saw a young QB with a boat load of confidence.
He's a very good QB, also obviously very intelligent.
I was impressed by his poise.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Maybe it's his lie about UF being their "real rival," when we know who they really hate? :D
His other big lie was he wasn't as interested in the Heisman as he was winning
a National Championship.
You don't get that good w/o thinking about having that statue setting on your moms living room table...
I agree that they can say Florida is their main rival, but at LSU they all
know that Alabama is their real rival.
Half of Baton Rouge is still butt hurt that Coach Saban left them for the Pros.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
His other big lie was he wasn't as interested in the Heisman as he was winning
a National Championship.
You don't get that good w/o thinking about having that statue setting on your moms living room table...
I agree that they can say Florida is their main rival, but at LSU they all
know that Alabama is their real rival.
Half of Baton Rouge is still butt hurt that Coach Saban left them for the Pros.
Don't both teams have to win some for it to be a true rivalry? That's why Bama isn't their rival..

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Joe Burrow is a tough kid. I saw an interview about him last year (maybe on SEC Now?). He has a lot more confidence in himself in his 2nd year at LSU, especially with the new offense. He will be tough to handle for our defense.

I wonder if LSU will go after a grad transfer again next year like OU seems to do.

I wonder if Burrow will be drafted higher than Jalen in the next NFL draft.

I did not realize until I watched the interview that Burrow takes all online classes. Must be nice. I think Justin Fields does also at Ohio State.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I see no reason to dislike him.

As for this 'rival' comment, don't both teams need to win occasionally for it to be a rivalry? :biggrin2:

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think he'll put up his usual big numbers against UF. I expect the Tigahs to win by 10-14 pts.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I too see no reason to dislike him. He is the kind of QB that CNS would love to coach. I still wonder why these young QBs coming out to high school do not do a better job of analyzing their probability of early PT vs RS at the schools that are recruiting them. Joe Burrow and Tate Martel, both highly recruited to tOSU, have left Columbus, as Justin Fields arrives from Athens.

It is my opinion that these recruits' parents and or high school coaches need to better inform them on how to handle high pressure recruiters. Is the question to these players, "do you only want to play for tOSU, Alabama, etc. and possibly sit for two years, or go to another school and compete for PT immediately?". I understand their desire to compete at tOSU, Alabama, but would they be better off seeing who is stockpiled at these schools and go to Indiana or Arkansas where they would have a real chance at early PT.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.