Game Thread: Destiny or History (Game 5 NLDS: Cards @ Braves Winner takes all)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Why did the umpire issue a warning after Acuna was hit IN THE BACK? If he thought flaherty hit Acuna on purpose then he should have been tossed. This is one thing that frustrates me about the modern game. Braves stud gets hit and then they have no recourse for settling it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I have no hope for game 5, it’s not the way Atlanta sports goes.
I’m quoting myself from the game 4 thread, to remind myself that I shouldn’t have let my hopes get up this morning.

I expected the Braves to choke it away some how but, 10 in the first! I didn’t even know what had happened until 5pm. I was driving back from B’ham and turned the radio off when Folty walked in the second run. It felt over to me at that point, glad I didn’t have to listen to the rest. Already took down my postseason decorations.

Oh well, I’ll be back in the spring with high hopes again of a division title and a deep playoff run. I can’t help myself.

On to football...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
And true to form Tomlin and Newcomb through without a hiccup. Hey Snitker...look at you’re book and tell us what marvelous bullpen move you should make now down by 12.....

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
It’s a game of fundamentals. I guess we are too busy feeling sorry for ourselves to really play baseball tonight
What can you expect when the best player is too much of a hot dog to stand at home plate, admire his hit, only to find out it isn't going to land in the cheap seats, and has to settle for a single.

And then when it does go out...................wish someone would flip him instead of his bat. We have guys in Texas who know how to handle those clowns. (Not that they don't have problems of their own, that deserve a good swift kick in the behind.)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Just saw interview with Flaherty and he was asked about hitting Acuna. No doubt in my mind now that he targeted Acuna. Braves should have beaned him when he got up. What did they have to lose at that point?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
And true to form Tomlin and Newcomb through without a hiccup. Hey Snitker...look at you’re book and tell us what marvelous bullpen move you should make now down by 12.....
They have made some head scratching decisions as of late...…...and Acuna needs to get with the program and hustle

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The Red Sox had the curse of The Bambino.

The Cubs had the curse of the goat.

The Braves have the curse of John Hart. Until everyone that has ties to him is gone, the curse will remain. And they deserve it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.