Auburn board reporting Boobie Whitlow out 4-6 weeks

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Bad beat heading into a do-or-die game @LSU.
Indeed. Auburn must win that game, or they are done in the West and SEC Title game and CFP discussion. Their season then completely revolves around the Iron Bowl. It's about 90% of their thoughts anyway. For that matter, we will learn a lot about LSU without Whitlow running for Auburn, as our running backs have also been kind of "non-existent", at times, this season. LSU's strength is in their DB's, and that worries me when Tua starts dropping back to pass. We lit them up decently well last year, but Burrow wasn't a factor last season. He seems to have his groove this year. The SEC is going to come down to who has the best DB's, not running backs.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Wishing him a good recovery.

This is bad news for Auburn though, they usually have success when they have a workhorse RB like Dyer, Mason, Payne, Pettway, Kerryon etc...

Ironically, Pettway and Kerryon had significant injuries as well.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They do have decent RB depth. They might be okay for now.
I tend to disagree about their overall talent.

IMO, Boobee is good but not great. He really needs great OL blocking to make some positive yards. If blocking breaks down he's not the kind of back that creates something positive out of something negative.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
How successful the Barn running game is going to be over the next 4-6 weeks I think depends on them avoiding injuries in their offensive line as much as it does who carries the workload for them at running back.

They are very thin across the o-line. An injury there (especially to Wanogho at tackle) could make it go from bad to worse quickly.

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
I can hear it now, If only Boobie had not got hurt, we would have beat Bama. Start printing the T-shirts.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I can hear it now, If only Boobie had not got hurt, we would have beat Bama. Start printing the T-shirts.
Boob will be back by the Iron Bowl and we will be playing at their place. That D in that stadium is going to provide some tough sledding for us.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Wrong.

If only Gö​ös hadn't been bent over on the sideline with his head up his gullwing BMW's tailpipe, we would have beat Florida.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
How successful the Barn running game is going to be over the next 4-6 weeks I think depends on them avoiding injuries in their offensive line as much as it does who carries the workload for them at running back.

They are very thin across the o-line. An injury there (especially to Wanogho at tackle) could make it go from bad to worse quickly.
I expect a recovery and Boobie will be displayed against us.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
So what is his injury and when did it happen? :conf3:
I read on al.com that it happened at the end of the game vs Florida. He was hurt, actually went back in, and then after the game noticed it was hurting worse so he got it checked out the next day. It was his knee but the article did not say an exact injury.

Must not be too bad if he can return in a month or 6 weeks. I hate to see injuries for anyone. I wish the injuries Bama has to both ILB and Trey Sanders were only 4-6 weeks and not the entire season.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.