What Changes would you like to see us Implementing against TAMU?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Offense
1. TE improved blocking
2. Harris/Robinson take a major step in running game
3. Different Punter that actually put the team in a better situation

Defense
1. Improved Run blocking by DL and LB, especially when a QB is running.
2. Harris to understand where he is supposed to be at when he lines up against TE and Receiver.
3. LBs taking major steps and take the defense to a new level. Show the progress from last game to this game.
4. Mayden, Carter and Jobe improving their tackles.
5. More Blitzes

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Improved containment of the QB

Improved punting, but retain the good coverage

Continued improvement from our freshman LBs

Ability of the OL to hear the calls and not get excessive penalties

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I would like to see Slade throw it out of the Wildcat or at least attempt it. Give L8U and auburn something to think about.
That's an interesting thought. What if they're saving that for later like LSU or Auburn? When they know he's running, he can throw a soft pass to a TE or Receiver who will be wide open on 3rd and 1 or 4 and 1?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That's an interesting thought. What if they're saving that for later like LSU or Auburn? When they know he's running, he can throw a soft pass to a TE or Receiver who will be wide open on 3rd and 1 or 4 and 1?
They could be saving it for a bigger game like that, I was just thinking it would be one more thing for our opponents to have to practice for. Then we could pump fake and run it anyway on them.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Offense
1. TE improved blocking
2. Harris/Robinson take a major step in running game
3. Different Punter that actually put the team in a better situation

Defense
1. Improved Run blocking by DL and LB, especially when a QB is running.
2. Harris to understand where he is supposed to be at when he lines up against TE and Receiver.
3. LBs taking major steps and take the defense to a new level. Show the progress from last game to this game.
4. Mayden, Carter and Jobe improving their tackles.
5. More Blitzes
I think we've been pretty vanilla to allow the young ones to learn basics and we are saving blitz packages for the more difficult games when we need them.

If this is a close game, I'd expect we'd have some well-timed blitzes.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I would like to see Slade throw it out of the Wildcat or at least attempt it. Give L8U and auburn something to think about.
With that in mind -- seeing Tua go from Holder, send the kicker wide right -- and let Tua set up as a QB out of a FG or XP -- just to get A&M to burn a timeout would be fun.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would like to see Alabama score more points while using more clock. I would also like to see the defense hold aTm to a 33% or worse 3rd down conversion percentage.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
With that in mind -- seeing Tua go from Holder, send the kicker wide right -- and let Tua set up as a QB out of a FG or XP -- just to get A&M to burn a timeout would be fun.
Or, have the holder motion out of the backfield, Tua takes the direct snap and drops kicks on short field goals and PATs or throws to the kicker for the 2 point conversion or an uncovered Alex Leatherwood 6 points. Simple.

Last edited:

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
To see us win handily...meaning covering the spread and more...but still have stuff to complain about and for the team to improve on....like every other week. ;)

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I just want to see our guys having some fun out there. If the fun is in the winning, here's hoping we have a boatload of it Saturday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.