Game Thread: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 20 of 20
  1. #14
    BamaNation All-American 64met's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,350

    Re: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    I guess I’m the lone Cardinals fan here? Yadi, Ozuna, Goldschmidt, Fowler, Wong, Carpenter, and my boy Bader are hunting for some hardware! I loved every second of that first inning. And I CANNOT believe the dodgers face planted in the 10th inning! Not looking forward to the Red Birds taking on the Nationals’ pitching Core. Stephen Strasberg, Max Scherzer, and Sean Doolittle are elite. But if the Red Birds are going to advance any further, it’s going to be against the Nationals. Because the Dodgers were the better team of those two.
    You are not alone. Grew up in STL- life long Cardinal fan. Happy for this team.

  2. #15
    BamaNation All-American CB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,194

    Re: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    I guess I’m the lone Cardinals fan here? Yadi, Ozuna, Goldschmidt, Fowler, Wong, Carpenter, and my boy Bader are hunting for some hardware! I loved every second of that first inning. And I CANNOT believe the dodgers face planted in the 10th inning! Not looking forward to the Red Birds taking on the Nationals’ pitching Core. Stephen Strasberg, Max Scherzer, and Sean Doolittle are elite. But if the Red Birds are going to advance any further, it’s going to be against the Nationals. Because the Dodgers were the better team of those two.
    Congratulations. I hate losing but having coached baseball a long time, you realize there are some days and some games where it is just “their day”. And that was it. You “tip your cap”, move on, and say to yourself “get “em next time”.

    I will say that most of my Card fan buddies were ready to burn the front office in effigy after not making moves to shore up the team prior to the trade deadline.

    Looks now like they knew what they were doing.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

  3. #16
    BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    4,420

    Re: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)

    Sorry to our Cards fans but, after that video they made last night, I hope the Nats bury the stinking birds six feet under. As a Braves fan, that is painful to say because I can’t stand the Nats but, that video was pathetic. Say that stuff privately in a locker room, fine, but stream it live. Screw the Cards!

  4. #17
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    12,313

    Re: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    Sorry to our Cards fans but, after that video they made last night, I hope the Nats bury the stinking birds six feet under. As a Braves fan, that is painful to say because I can’t stand the Nats but, that video was pathetic. Say that stuff privately in a locker room, fine, but stream it live. Screw the Cards!
    I just don't see the Cardinals beating the Nats. They basically wasted Flaherty. The Nats's lineup is just like the Braves in dangerous hitting, but unlike the Braves they are hot. What really complicates things is that the Nats can save their best pitchers for the home stand and still be in good shape. I just think the Nationals are probably one of the best teams in baseball, and that's not being prisoner of the moment. Ive said that all year. The Braves only won the east because Sherzer got hurt and the Nats didn't take the Marlins seriously. The Nats were the best team in the East.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  5. #18
    BamaNation First Team dvil doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    330

    Re: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)

    I've lived in Northern Virginia 21 years and the Nats are my second team. I was talking all kinds of stuff last night when Kendrick made the error at second. I turned the channel and missed his grand slam.

    Go Nats.

  6. #19
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    12,313

    Re: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by dvil doc View Post
    I've lived in Northern Virginia 21 years and the Nats are my second team. I was talking all kinds of stuff last night when Kendrick made the error at second. I turned the channel and missed his grand slam.

    Go Nats.
    Well you do get a chance at revenge for that 2012 blunder against the Cards. My only advice is dont waste it like the Braves did.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  7. #20
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Spring Hill, Tn
    Posts
    699

    Re: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)

    Loved baseball all my life. Weird things happen. I am ok with the Cards. I always loved watching Ozzie Smith and others that played in the late 60s. Ozzie was much later, but man what a player. But I have never seen a game or even one inning like the top of the 1st yesterday. Game was over, and everyone in that stadium knew it. Cards have really good pitching. Anybody seen my foam tomahawk?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear