Game Thread: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Re: Braves vs Cards (NLDS Game 5)

Misery loves company. Come join in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just ridiculous...I feared they would lose today, but not like this. They are making improvements obviously to have gotten where they did, but they have a long way to go.
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant - "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself."

Thomas Jefferson - "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

I sure didnt think they would crap their pants they way they have so far theyve had a great season for this kind of showing

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

At least I now will not ever have to choose between watching Alabama football or the Braves.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

This was a lot like the Championship Game last year...over quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    This was a lot like the Championship Game last year...over quick.

and I like last year, it was the first time I turned a game off before it was over.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation First Team

Braves saw some outstanding pitchers all year but certainly for the last 4 months. Saw them fall out of sight from the 5th thru the 9th (batting order) from July to about early September. Acuna (1st) thru Donaldson(4th) carried them for a time. Comes a time when everyone has to hit the ball. Didn't matter tonight.....but the 1st inning would have killed ANY team. 10 runs. Seriously? Top of the 1st?

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Folty had this type of meltdown earlier in the year. It got him sent to the minors. I know some people think 3 days rest is no biggie but it is even more problematic than ever before. Teams donít pitch their guys late anymore. They arenít used to long games, high pitch counts, or pitching while fatigued. His pitches have NO movement whenever heís not full speed. He and others become batting practice. The new owners seem committed so itíll be interesting to see if they look to build around Soroka as the new number one.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    Folty had this type of meltdown earlier in the year. It got him sent to the minors. I know some people think 3 days rest is no biggie but it is even more problematic than ever before. Teams don’t pitch their guys late anymore. They aren’t used to long games, high pitch counts, or pitching while fatigued. His pitches have NO movement whenever he’s not full speed. He and others become batting practice. The new owners seem committed so it’ll be interesting to see if they look to build around Soroka as the new number one.

He had 4 days rest: pitch game 2, off day, games 3&4, off day, pitch game 5. The game 1 & 4 pitcher has only 3 days - like Keuchel.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Pitchers have bad days, but what happened yesterday was simple, after Folty struggles and the team got down early, everyone quit - in a playoff game, at home.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

I guess Iím the lone Cardinals fan here? Yadi, Ozuna, Goldschmidt, Fowler, Wong, Carpenter, and my boy Bader are hunting for some hardware! I loved every second of that first inning. And I CANNOT believe the dodgers face planted in the 10th inning! Not looking forward to the Red Birds taking on the Nationalsí pitching Core. Stephen Strasberg, Max Scherzer, and Sean Doolittle are elite. But if the Red Birds are going to advance any further, itís going to be against the Nationals. Because the Dodgers were the better team of those two.
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    I guess Iím the lone Cardinals fan here? Yadi, Ozuna, Goldschmidt, Fowler, Wong, Carpenter, and my boy Bader are hunting for some hardware! I loved every second of that first inning. And I CANNOT believe the dodgers face planted in the 10th inning! Not looking forward to the Red Birds taking on the Nationalsí pitching Core. Stephen Strasberg, Max Scherzer, and Sean Doolittle are elite. But if the Red Birds are going to advance any further, itís going to be against the Nationals. Because the Dodgers were the better team of those two.
    Sorry, don't care right now.