Duvall
Folty
Greene
Culbertson
Joyce
Jackson
McCann
Fried

I say we sign Donaldson, Greene, Duvall, McCann, culby, Foltynewicz, and Fried. Dump the rest and get and all star pitcher and reliever.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Since it’s already looking that way.

Last year of contracts

Keuchel
Donaldson
Markakis
Flowers
Duvall
Folty
Greene
Culbertson
Joyce
Jackson
McCann
Fried

I say we sign Donaldson, Greene, Duvall, McCann, culby, Foltynewicz, and Fried. Dump the rest and get and all star pitcher and reliever.
A agree with most, but I would also trade Tehran for literally anyone else or a candy bar and Dr. Pepper. I cannot decide if I would keep Markakis or not.

• Haha
Reactions: Go Bama

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think McCann is done after tonight. I expect him to retire.

i have a lot of respect for Markakis but I think we need to move on from him. The question on resigning Donaldson depends on two things: what will it cost you for another year and how ready do you think Austin Riley is to being the every day third baseman?

Sokora and Fried are the cornerstone as far as starters. Tehran needs to go. Folty has to become more consistent. What you saw tonight is what got him shipped to AAA mid season. He has good enough stuff he can be devastating, but he’s his own worst enemy when he over throws and walks people.

i agree on Culbertson. He could have been a difference maker off the bench at key moments during this series.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think McCann is done after tonight. I expect him to retire.

i have a lot of respect for Markakis but I think we need to move on from him. The question on resigning Donaldson depends on two things: what will it cost you for another year and how ready do you think Austin Riley is to being the every day third baseman?

Sokora and Fried are the cornerstone as far as starters. Tehran needs to go. Folty has to become more consistent. What you saw tonight is what got him shipped to AAA mid season. He has good enough stuff he can be devastating, but he’s his own worst enemy when he over throws and walks people.

i agree on Culbertson. He could have a difference maker off the bench at key moments during this series.
McCann does have his ring and can retire as a Brave, but if he does then we need to keep Flowers. Just wish we could’ve done more with him.

I think Will Smith should be our top priority for FA. Getting Bumgarner would be okay as a #3 man. But we need to correct our Bullpen and strengthen our rotation. All it takes is the Mets getting a competent manager and they would dominate the division so we really need a strong pitching corps.

I think Donaldson is worth a 3 year deal. So just use the money we spent on Keuchel and sign Donaldson and Smith.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
McCann does have his ring and can retire as a Brave, but if he does then we need to keep Flowers. Just wish we could’ve done more with him.

I think Will Smith should be our top priority for FA. Getting Bumgarner would be okay as a #3 man. But we need to correct our Bullpen and strengthen our rotation. All it takes is the Mets getting a competent manager and they would dominate the division so we really need a strong pitching corps.

I think Donaldson is worth a 3 year deal. So just use the money we spent on Keuchel and sign Donaldson and Smith.
I have no confidence in the organization to go out and get what we need. They knew we needed to correct pitching last offseason and they did nothing. Keuchel needs to be punted so far he cannot find his way back.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have no confidence in the organization to go out and get what we need. They knew we needed to correct pitching last offseason and they did nothing. Keuchel needs to be punted so far he cannot find his way back.
I think Kuechel was worth the experiment but it was just that.

Where we lost was Alex playing the games of “ don’t risk the farm” and “ wait until the last hour”. Had we acquired Stroman or Syndagard for some of our prospects, or even Bumgarner. Then we would have a full rotation of strong pitchers. Instead we did the bare minimum and got an all star closer and a few serviceable pitchers.

The whole idea of Jackson being something was the most ludicrous decision we made all year.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The deal should have been trade for Bumgarner at the deadline and try to lock him on a three year deal.

Melancon is not going to be the closer. He’s good as a spot closer or set up guy. We certainly can’t go through musical chairs in the bullpen like we did this year.

Looks like Flowers will need to be resigned now. Question then is who is the second catcher? Culbertson is the emergency guy.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The deal should have been trade for Bumgarner at the deadline and try to lock him on a three year deal.

Melancon is not going to be the closer. He’s good as a spot closer or set up guy. We certainly can’t go through musical chairs in the bullpen like we did this year.

Looks like Flowers will need to be resigned now. Question then is who is the second catcher? Culbertson is the emergency guy.
We can get MadBum and Smith now through FA. But we need to get rid of Keuchel. I think Kimbrel would’ve been a better acquisition than Kuechel.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

We did sign Francisco Cervelli in the 11th hour. I doubt he is long term though.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
We can get MadBum and Smith now through FA. But we need to get rid of Keuchel. I think Kimbrel would’ve been a better acquisition than Kuechel.
I agree. It was evident at that point when both became available the greater need was in the bullpen.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Cervelli is with us for 2 more years.
Thought Cervelli was “a rent a player” on the last year of his contract with Pittsburgh? I thought Pittsburgh released him and we picked up a prorated amount of his final year of the Pittsburgh contract, making him an unrestricted free agent in 2020?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So the Braves re-sign Flowers, they are set with Freeman Albies and Swanson on the infield.

Assuming we re-sign Donaldson, then your set there. So Duvall to Right to replace Markakis. So do you platoon Culbertson with Austin Riley in left? Or Do you play Inciarte as an everyday outfielder?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.