ADMIN NOTE: Site updates coming very soon! PLEASE READ!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Hey all-
We're finalizing our updates that we've been working on behind the scenes the last few weeks. We may go live with the updates over the weekend.

Not sure when or what time b/c it depends on some tests we're running today & tomorrow, but I will try to give a heads up closer to the go-live time.

I realize this could impact things close to/during the TAMU game but we'll just have to deal with that as it comes as some of this is out of my hands and related to when tech support is available to us.

Some of the minor functions we’ve added over the years may not be available at go-live or at all depending on the add-on but the site will generally be and function the same but hopefully with much improved forum software and an upgraded database. We will work through any unanticipated issues expeditiously.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

1) MAKE SURE you know your login username and password.

2) MAKE SURE your registered email is correct.

3) If you no longer have your password and your email is still valid you can reset it.

4) If your email has changed you need to be logged in to change it, so do that now!

If we turn the forums off for a brief period or it seems things aren’t working for a bit, you’ll know we’re working on the upgrade! :) We will make an announcement on the home page!

Thanks for your support, patience and understanding!

RTR!
Brett

Last edited:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
1. VERIFY YOUR EMAIL IS VALID
As we enter the football season and also as we prepare to proceed with upgrading the message board, we need everybody to please check your registered email and make sure it is still valid and your preferred one. This is imperative in case you forget your password. Once you're logged in, you can click on Settings at the top. You will see the option on the left side to check/change your email address & password.

2. FORGOTTEN PASSWORD
If you can't remember your password and want to login, click the "Forgot Password" link at the top right beside the login box. This will ask you for your registered email.
If you are already logged in but can't remember your password, do the same thing and verify your email.

3. CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING
If you can't remember your email or your password, and thus can't verify who you are, then click on the FAQ button in the navbar. Look for the "I never received my password / How can I reset my password?" link and follow the instructions.

In all cases, make sure you have staff
(a t) tidefansalerts (d o t) com and admin (a t) tidefans (d o t) com on your 'safe' email list (obviously replacing with @ and . ) We will never spam you!

4. UNIQUE PASSWORDS FOR ALL LOGINS / ANTI-VIRUS
Awhile back I put together a guide to net safety for friends and family: https://news.tidefans.com/net-safety/ with some good guidelines to follow along with software suggestions for password vaults, anti-virus, kid-friendly stuff, etc

Last edited:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Got all my different passwords updated and written down at my desk.

'See yall on the other side'...

Great!

Even better pw security: Get a password manager like 1password, lastpass, or dashlane and have randomly generated pwds. Then you, like me, can have over 1000 secure logins and never have to remember any of them! :)

Most of these apps have a free version for a limited # of logins (i.e. 50, 100 etc). I use a pw manager for the entire family and can have multiple "vaults" and share certain logins across members and automatically sync across devices. It really does make computing life much simpler :D

For the one I use, PWs are encrypted at 256 bit with multiple authentication factors (something you know, something you have, and a secret key on your side that further encrypts info and never gets sent to the pw manager host). This is actually better than bank-level security.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.