"Houston, we have a problem..." - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Re: "Houston, we have a problem..."

This is messed up!!! You can't have teams just openly throwing seasons.

The AAC should at least step in with some consequences for this nonsense.

It affects the integrity of their conference and the W-L records of every one of their opponents.

JMO but they should make them ineligible for their Conference Title game for as long as Dana is there.

This is not going to end well . . . on TideFans.com
    RTR

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    He’s no longer “apart” of the team. So, he’s a part of the team? Kids man...

Apparently he's been "apart" of several teams...

"Former University of Houston Student Athlete. Former UCLA Student Athlete.Former Texas Tech Student Athlete."

BamaNation All-American

I just hope this fails in a big way for Houston. I hope it goes horribly horribly wrong. It would be really unfortunate for this line of thinking to become common.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Why did they ever break the bank for this moron anyway? He's never been a great coach. He's certainly not worth 4 million a year or whatever it is they are paying him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Why did they ever break the bank for this moron anyway? He's never been a great coach. He's certainly not worth 4 million a year or whatever it is they are paying him.
    I wonder if Tilman Fertitta is happy about this? Is his $1,600+ for a hamburger at his Post Oak hotel in Houston funding the coach's salary. (Michael Berry recently had a post regarding that hamburger. Michael said you could buy 250+ hamburgers at Whataburger for that price.) Have YOU visited a Tilman restaurant lately? They are all over the country. He owns the Rockets, etc. Is Tilman the one who got D. H. to come to UH? Is he happy with D. H.? I just do not know.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

I don't think Dana is a great HC. Other than that I don't know except I don't care much for Houston.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    I wonder if Tilman Fertitta is happy about this? Is his $1,600+ for a hamburger at his Post Oak hotel in Houston funding the coach's salary. (Michael Berry recently had a post regarding that hamburger. Michael said you could buy 250+ hamburgers at Whataburger for that price.) Have YOU visited a Tilman restaurant lately? They are all over the country. He owns the Rockets, etc. Is Tilman the one who got D. H. to come to UH? Is he happy with D. H.? I just do not know.
    All of this is news to me, but it explains a lot of things.

I am so glad I left StinkTown in '75....................
    As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them. Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.

According to friends that have been around the Houston program since the Kevin Sumlin days, Hogo has always been a “hand grenade with a really bad haircut” looking for a place to explode. Lots of things happened with him at Houston as the OC that didn’t come to light.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I just hope this fails in a big way for Houston. I hope it goes horribly horribly wrong. It would be really unfortunate for this line of thinking to become common.
    I think this situation highlights why Saban is Saban and Dana is Dana. Saban on any day, week after week, regardless of schedule always is best guys ready to play play. Dana on the other hand starts over strategizing this stuff. Football is a game of commitment,,, Saban gets it, Dana does not, Houston is done for a long time.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Dana Holgerson is a bottom dweller at best.
    His actions ought to be enough show cause to send his ass packing.
    He is morally bankrupt.
    Doesn't say much for Huston's AD or President.
    If they sanctioned his actions, they should be shown the door also.

Let me start off by saying that I agree 100% that this is bs. But, let's play devil's advocate...What if it works? What if Anoma, King, the rb, etc..come back and they make a NY6 bowl???Does this become a thing??? Is he an evil genius, or an....???
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post

BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

Newsflash February 17, 2020:

The University of Tennessee introduced new head football coach Dana Holgorsen in an afternoon press conference today at the downtown booster retreat.

"We are grateful to Dana for bringing his experience and wisdom to the Tennessee football program, and we can see great success on the horizon,"
    stated athletic director Phillip M. Fulmer.