"Houston, we have a problem..."

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I wonder if Tilman Fertitta is happy about this? Is his $1,600+ for a hamburger at his Post Oak hotel in Houston funding the coach's salary. (Michael Berry recently had a post regarding that hamburger. Michael said you could buy 250+ hamburgers at Whataburger for that price.) Have YOU visited a Tilman restaurant lately? They are all over the country. He owns the Rockets, etc. Is Tilman the one who got D. H. to come to UH? Is he happy with D. H.? I just do not know.
All of this is news to me, but it explains a lot of things.

I am so glad I left StinkTown in '75....................

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
According to friends that have been around the Houston program since the Kevin Sumlin days, Hogo has always been a “hand grenade with a really bad haircut” looking for a place to explode. Lots of things happened with him at Houston as the OC that didn’t come to light.

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
I just hope this fails in a big way for Houston. I hope it goes horribly horribly wrong. It would be really unfortunate for this line of thinking to become common.
I think this situation highlights why Saban is Saban and Dana is Dana. Saban on any day, week after week, regardless of schedule always is best guys ready to play play. Dana on the other hand starts over strategizing this stuff. Football is a game of commitment,,, Saban gets it, Dana does not, Houston is done for a long time.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Dana Holgerson is a bottom dweller at best.
His actions ought to be enough show cause to send his ass packing.
He is morally bankrupt.
Doesn't say much for Huston's AD or President.
If they sanctioned his actions, they should be shown the door also.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Let me start off by saying that I agree 100% that this is bs. But, let's play devil's advocate...What if it works? What if Anoma, King, the rb, etc..come back and they make a NY6 bowl???Does this become a thing??? Is he an evil genius, or an....???
I just hope this fails in a big way for Houston. I hope it goes horribly horribly wrong. It would be really unfortunate for this line of thinking to become common.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Newsflash February 17, 2020:

The University of Tennessee introduced new head football coach Dana Holgorsen in an afternoon press conference today at the downtown booster retreat.

"We are grateful to Dana for bringing his experience and wisdom to the Tennessee football program, and we can see great success on the horizon,"
stated athletic director Phillip M. Fulmer.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I *get* why pro teams tank, I don't like it but I get it. But college programs? Absolutely not. Dana should be fired for that immediately. $4 mill per to purposely lose? I don't see Houston signing on to that, if that was the plan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.