"Houston, we have a problem..."

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Yah the tanking is absolutely terrible and Holgersen sounds like a nightmare.

It also sounds like this kid should've stopped playing football at the first school he visited instead of trying to play ball for 3 different schools.

I think it's a risky gambit for Houston that will not pay off. Even a good Houston team is a mediocre Power 5 team. Take your lumps and have a few 10 win seasons like you always do. You aren't beating anyone of true significance no matter how good your team is.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wait, so Houston is openly tanking, but the head coach is questioning players as not being 100% committed, going so far as to remove them from the team? How can he ask anyone to be 100% committed when he has asked some players to sit out the season, knowing that the rest of the team will be fighting futile battles that will result in losses that could have been wins?

Tank - don't tank - I really don't care. But if you tank, take responsibility for the resulting morale issues on the team. Don't blame them on the players. They didn't create them - you did.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He is going to have to explain to the recruits and their parents and assure them that he won't do it again (He will do it again) so this tweet paints a picture of a coach in a bad light, and this isn't going away.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I wish the kid well. The Houston Athletic Administration should have seen something like this coming the minute Holgorsen asked some seniors to sit out. That was a “Locker Room Disaster” waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This is messed up!!! You can't have teams just openly throwing seasons.

The AAC should at least step in with some consequences for this nonsense.

It affects the integrity of their conference and the W-L records of every one of their opponents.

JMO but they should make them ineligible for their Conference Title game for as long as Dana is there.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I just hope this fails in a big way for Houston. I hope it goes horribly horribly wrong. It would be really unfortunate for this line of thinking to become common.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Why did they ever break the bank for this moron anyway? He's never been a great coach. He's certainly not worth 4 million a year or whatever it is they are paying him.
I wonder if Tilman Fertitta is happy about this? Is his $1,600+ for a hamburger at his Post Oak hotel in Houston funding the coach's salary. (Michael Berry recently had a post regarding that hamburger. Michael said you could buy 250+ hamburgers at Whataburger for that price.) Have YOU visited a Tilman restaurant lately? They are all over the country. He owns the Rockets, etc. Is Tilman the one who got D. H. to come to UH? Is he happy with D. H.? I just do not know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.