Don’t Understand A&M Infatuation with Kyle Field

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
There are any number of things you will not understand about Aggie things unless you are an Aggie. I’m married to one. I still don’t get it.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
Aggieland where if you do things twice it's a tradition. It's like these things are sure to bring some kind of magic. Do this, do that, then watch the magic happen. Cult is right.

However, I do like them as a fan base. They are normally polite and respectful, but delusional.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ping Pong Champ

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 2, 2018
I went to the Bama-Aggie game four years ago. Observations: 1- the stadium is awful - one takes his life in his hands climbing up those steep steps to the nose bleed Tide Pride seats that we got. It’s down right scary and I don’t scare easily. 2 -Their cheers are bizarre. It’s really like a cult. 3- Compared to the Cowboys stadium, Kyle Field is like a slum. The fans are really close to the field. 4 - All that being said, those Aggie fans were so nice that they make one feel very welcomed. LSU and AU should take lessons from these fans.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I went to the Bama-Aggie game four years ago. Observations: 1- the stadium is awful - one takes his life in his hands climbing up those steep steps to the nose bleed Tide Pride seats that we got. It’s down right scary and I don’t scare easily. 2 -Their cheers are bizarre. It’s really like a cult. 3- Compared to the Cowboys stadium, Kyle Field is like a slum. The fans are really close to the field. 4 - All that being said, those Aggie fans were so nice that they make one feel very welcomed. LSU and AU should take lessons from these fans.
I wonder how much of that is gratitude to have escaped from the B12 and UTw to the SEC? They say much harsher things about B12 fans than they do SEC fans...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The whole Aggie fandom thing is more a talking point for those dorks than it is something that they actually follow through with. They pass this lore down to the Aggie young that they are the best fans in college football. They say it so much that they actually start to believe it. Same with Kyle field being intimidating/ a shrine or whatever.

So Aggie makes a “historic 100-year decision” to leave their conference and go play on the big stage like they all think they deserve. Today, the weather is perfect, they have a modernized stadium, a “$100 million, elite coach” and the #1 team in the country and conference foe coming to town. This is what Aggie dreamed of in their little farm houses. Should be the game of the year for them. Except, they can’t give the tickets away. These super loyal fans aren’t buying the tickets that are now being sold below face value. The news relayed that they didn’t even give out all the student allotment. What a joke.

Don’t believe the BS you hear about Aggie. They are just Auburn with less success and fewer fans that will act rather than talk.
TAMU = Auburn. Both have always had the little brother complex.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They had nothing but escalators when I went two years ago.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wonder how much of that is gratitude to have escaped from the B12 and UTw to the SEC? They say much harsher things about B12 fans than they do SEC fans...
Mizzou, aTm, and South Carolina fans are probably the nicest fans I’ve met in the SEC at their place.

Michigan St were really nice in Dallas. Oklahoma and Washington were pretty nice in those bowl games. Really didn’t get a feel for Buckeye fans in NOLA because I think they were too shocked that they won the game to trash talk ( sat by Bosa’s family members at that game)

The big 12 fans that I’ve met while living in Nebraska I think Nebraska, Texas, and Kansas fans were some of the worst I’ve met. But they don’t even compare to UGA, UF (sorry Bazza), and Michigan fans in terms of donkey fans as a whole

Last edited:

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Every tradition TAMU has (Bon fires, waving white towels, kissing their dates, Aggie War Hymn, ROTC, midnight yell sessions, 12th man, the greatness of Kyle Field, etc) has been and will always be their burning desire to one up the University of Texas and has nothing to do with the SEC. As B1G said, TAMU is a cult, exactly like auburn and Clemmons.
This! Now they have added SEC on their jerseys as, in their mind, another way of one upping Texas. Everything they do is a form of self-agrandizement that hides a huge inferiority complex.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This! Now they have added SEC on their jerseys as, in their mind, another way of one upping Texas. Everything they do is a form of self-agrandizement that hides a huge inferiority complex.

Every power in a state has the tradition of winning nationally while the little brother has a bunch of wacky traditions. I honestly don’t know much about Okie Lite, but teams like MSU (both of them), Auburn, aTm, KSU, Fla St, GT, VT, Vandy, ISU, and WSU have more Nationally recognized traditions than their more successful state counterpart.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
ESPN just showed a stat that A&M is one of the worst 3 teams in the country vs. top 10 teams at their house. Only Tennessee is worse. I have no idea their overall record at home, but clearly until they start beating top 10 teams at home they will continue to try to make all these other things so important.
^ ^
This.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They had nothing but escalators when I went two years ago.
Probably talking about the "climb" into the upper deck section. Sat. our seats were in the former players/family section 411 row 39. VERY TOP ROW OF THE NORTH UPPER DECK. Climb up there is like climbing a mountain.

Yep, there are escalators to get to the top decks, but then, you still have to climb to your seat.

Later, I'll try to make a post about my experience there Saturday. In brief: overall it was great!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Thoughts on Kyle Field and experience:

Drove down from Dallas Sat. morning to meet friends. Traffic was really light around 10:30 coming in from the north into Bryan. We left on same route heading home about 8:00 and traffic was no problem.

Our group looked for a place to eat around 11:00. Went to Dixie Chicken but line was out the door. Didn't want to walk any further so we crashed an Aggie tailgate: My sister's husband's employer had a corporate tent and they were friendly and we got some food before the game.

Saw the cadets march in about 2 hours before game time. It was neat.

Entered KF about 1:30. Our seats where in section 411 in the North Endzone. We sat on the top row, #39. We didn't know there was a connection beween the west upper deck and north endzone upper deck so we walked up their version of BDS's spiral to get to the upper deck endzone section. Once we saw the connector, on the way down we took the escalators. The upper deck is pretty steep, but similar to BDS's. Sight lines were good.

Sitting at the very top, I still felt like I could see quite well, except when play was near the south endzone. Our seats were among former players and family so not too many A&M fans there, but just a few and they were nice.

The stadium is very modern and nice. Aesthetically, if very much reminds me of BDS. Concessions, bathrooms and walking corridors were better. They announced there were 107K. They were loud.

Fans were very nice. We were told many times, "welcome" to campus. One older A&M fan came up to me and said, "Can you do us a favor?" (I thought he'd say something like "Take it easy on us today"). When I said, "What?" He said, "Can y'all kick Auburn's tail for us???" I take it that he wasn't impressed with Auburn after their visit there.

I see why some call TAMU a cult. They have some very strange chants and yells. They keep doing it all thru the game, no matter the score. When they lock arms and sway it almost makes you dizzy. To their credit, the majority stayed engaged and they were loud when we were on offense. I only recall one delay of game, however, so I don't know how much the crowd noise was a factor. The place blew up though when they scored to take a 7-0 lead. And when if was a third down in our first drive, the place was really loud. But later in the game, even when we had the game in control after the blocked punt/TD, very few of their fans left.

Enjoyed the day. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't see the problem. They're trying to magnify their home field advantage.

Do they try too hard? May be, but it sure beats not trying hard enough and leaving in the third quarter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.