Game Thread: Jalen Hurts vs Texas (11am CDT FOX)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Jalen Hurts vs Texas

By the stats, no. However, I do feel that rgw is correct in that his passing was managed to avoid turnovers, as much as anything else...
That is unknowable. We know that he was afraid to throw over the middle. He simply would not do it, even when there were receivers running wide open. But no one ever said that those were resulting in interceptions in practice, and that would have leaked out.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

That is unknowable. We know that he was afraid to throw over the middle. He simply would not do it, even when there were receivers running wide open. But no one ever said that those were resulting in interceptions in practice, and that would have leaked out.
Well, it wasn't unknowable for me. He was instructed not to throw over the middle and he was restricted to throw only to one half of the field, which Clemson knew and exploited. And, yes, there were INTs in practice. However, Tua threw more or he would have started earlier...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Well, it wasn't unknowable for me. He was instructed not to throw over the middle and he was restricted to throw only to one half of the field, which Clemson knew and exploited. And, yes, there were INTs in practice. However, Tua threw more or he would have started earlier...
I'm fine with the belief - it is possible, and I won't pretend otherwise.

:cheers2:

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Riley is a good coach but listening to these guys you would think he is the 2nd coming of Bud Wilkinson at OU. Short memories do not remember their bowl game last year

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
What do you think about how many hard runs Jalen makes. I know he's tough as nails but that has got to take a toll on his body and longevity for NFL.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I don't understand...
I am just saying that I accept that he might have been in practice, leading others to see what you see. You are a lot more in touch than I am, so I an fine with what you believe. It doesn't change my criteria for calling a player turnover prone, though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What do you think about how many hard runs Jalen makes. I know he's tough as nails but that has got to take a toll on his body and longevity for NFL.
He has grown used to running and not getting touched. Texas is hitting him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Texas QB is really struggling with the OU pressure. Don't they have check down pass patterns in the Big 12?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I always think how nice it is to watch the kickers for these other teams drill a field goal from long range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I am just saying that I accept that he might have been in practice, leading others to see what you see. You are a lot more in touch than I am, so I an fine with what you believe. It doesn't change my criteria for calling a player turnover prone, though.
Oh, OK. I was just saying that rgw was onto something in that his passing was managed so as to avoid the type of TO which happened in this game. Also, he did fumble more than he should. For example, the first fumble in this game should never had happened. He had ample time to change the ball to the arm away from the tackler. The tackler, using good form, put his helmet right on the ball. Jalen had 17 fumbles at Bama. That's not a good stat and that's what rgw is talking about...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.