Game Thread: Jalen Hurts vs Texas (11am CDT FOX)

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Re: Jalen Hurts vs Texas

10-3 at half of a Big 12 game. Shocking! Jalen looking ordinary in this game so far. Seems like the Heisman race could be more between Tua and Burrow.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
2019 OU Jalen Hurts reminds me of our 2014 Blake Sims with CeeDee Lamb being his Amari Cooper.

Ill-advised throws...back foot throws...but it mostly don't matter because the WR has shook the coverage completely.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
There are some surprises at the half in these early games. USC is leading UGA at the half. UT is leading MSU at the half, and it doesn't even look as close as the score. UT and OU are in a defensive battle, which may be the biggest shocker I've seen in a while. I tried to watch this game for a few minutes, but I was only there for one play when they stopped the game to review an incomplete pass that wasn't even close. I turned it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Never really thought about that aspect. That is crazy high for a Saban player.
It is and he cut it down towards the end, with coaching. I only had the stats on the tip of my tongue because of an argument with an OU fan. I think this is only twice there...

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

10-3 at half of a Big 12 game. Shocking! Jalen looking ordinary in this game so far. Seems like the Heisman race could be more between Tua and Burrow.
I think it will still be Jalen (though I want Tua to win). Kyler had a bad game last year early and still won it. Jalen's story will sway the voters in the end, especially if OU makes the playoffs.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Well, UGA late hit low on Hilinski probably sealed South Carolina’s fate against UGA. Probably a knee injury. Can’t explain the poor play of Sam Ehlinger!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.