Game Thread: Jalen Hurts vs Texas (11am CDT FOX)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: Jalen Hurts vs Texas

As I was saying last year, I just don't think they actually know how to coach defense in the Big 12. It's not just about putting emphasis on scoring. They literally have a brain drain situation on the defensive side of the ball across the entire league. Poor strategy. Poor fundamentals.
If you see how our HS teams play defense, then it all makes sense.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He was always turnover prone here but we kinda mitigated it by not greenlighting so many designed run scenarios and generally coaching him to avoid bad throws.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The announcers were saying that Texas had three injured DB’s so that could explain some of the problems they are having with their pass defense. They were probably already pretty bad but when you lose the frontline guys, you are even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He was always turnover prone here but we kinda mitigated it by not greenlighting so many designed run scenarios and generally coaching him to avoid bad throws.
Sorry, but you cannot call someone turnover prone unless they actually turn the ball over. Jalen didn't. No matter how that was managed, he didn't, so he was not turnover prone.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Interesting. I had the same thought, that Riley had unleashed Jalen to do what Jalen always wanted to do every play...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
In other news, GA tied with USCe 10-10, 2 minutes left in the first half.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
In other news, GA tied with USCe 10-10, 2 minutes left in the first half.

"Georgia is showing such heart in this game."

There, I wrote the predetermined narrative for ya.

We're likely to beat ATM by more than Clemson did or Auburn.....and then the narrative is, "Well, ATM wasn't any good in the first place."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Sorry, but you cannot call someone turnover prone unless they actually turn the ball over. Jalen didn't. No matter how that was managed, he didn't, so he was not turnover prone.
He had a ton of fumbles. Whether they're recovered or not is somewhat statistically random. Ball security has always been a problem for Jalen.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

By the stats, no. However, I do feel that rgw is correct in that his passing was managed to avoid turnovers, as much as anything else...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.