Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread Bama vs. TAMU...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Wasn’t pleased with our pass rush and some blown coverages but we ARE improving. Offensive line play is much better. And Barmore is beginning to show some of that potential we all know he has.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Studs of the Game-
Offense- Dickerson and Brown- gave us a good push against a decent TAMU interior DL.

Defense- Terrell Lewis with his best game in a crimson uniform.

ST- Kaho is a stud in the coverage game and blocked another punt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I disagree with some of you. IMO, #65 got whipped all day. #99 is not getting the job done and #58 should be playing more.
Wasn't watching Brown, so not sure what you saw there. Davis is doing his job. Most people don't understand what a DT is supposed to do, but Davis is a projected first rounder for a reason. He isn't Q, but who is? I love Barmore. Want to see more of him.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
No I mean improvement from the defense. Do you not see them getting better at all?

At this point in the year, we are what we are. Tua and the WRs will carry this team to a title, or we won't win it all this year. But its hardly different than some of our other title seasons, when one part of the team did the heavy lifting.
I agree we are what were are. I realize the defense is young, and we have had some serious losses due to injuries, but LSU, Auburn, and potentially Georgia are not TAMU, Ole Miss, and USCe. I do think the pass rush has shown some improvement but opposing QBs still seem to find enough time to find wide open receivers. We are fortunate that we have an offenses that is almost unstoppable. It is a different game today, but I still believe that without a stout defense you will not win the SEC or a NC.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I thought it was a real good win in a tough environment. We have things to improve on. Still...beats everything out of losing like Georgia!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The most impressive stats of the game:

Punt returns - 5 for 152 yards
Kickoff Returns - 5 for 159 yards

Wow! 311 yards in kick returns. That is insane!

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
The bad thing about a young defense is that the players aren't quite as strong physically...and maybe just as importantly, they doubt themselves in terms of alignment and adjusting...so they play a step slower
The good thing about a young defense is, if they're hungry enough and well coached enough, they'll get better all year barring injuries.
Hoping our leaders get more "alpha-y" as they start recognizing formations quicker and know how to get themselves and others in the right places...

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I predicted 45-31 earlier in the week so this game went pretty much like i thought it would and no major surprises.

Nice to see the run game get better and finally see some balance on O. O-line looked good too. I’ll concede that the D showed flashes of improvement but they still need to get a lot better if we are going to win all three games of the Iron Triangle in November. Mond had another very good day against us, as many of us predicted, passing for over 250 yds and rushing for almost a 100 again. Right now I think both Nix and Burrow would each throw for over 300 yds against us.

I agree with Graytide, it still takes a very good defense to ultimately win the SEC AND the NC.

Last edited:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
The most impressive stats of the game:

Punt returns - 5 for 152 yards
Kickoff Returns - 5 for 159 yards

Wow! 311 yards in kick returns. That is insane!
I gotta think we saw something on film. That first ko return started 3 yards deep. They were returning it no matter what.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I predicted 45-31 earlier in the week so this game went pretty much like i thought it would and no major surprises.

Nice to see the run game get better and finally see some balance on O. O-line looked good too. I’ll concede that the D showed flashes of improvement but they still need to get a lot better if we are going to win all three games of the Iron Triangle in November. Mond had another very good day against us, as many of us predicted, passing for over 250 yds and rushing for almost a 100 again. Right now I think both Nix and Burrow would each throw for over 300 yds against us.

I agree with Graytide, it still takes a very good defense to ultimately win the SEC AND the NC.

We will have regressed massively if Nix does that. He's not had a single good game except Mississippi State. Burrow? I think that's pretty much going to happen regardless. We will simply have to beat them in a shootout.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Things are looking better on defense but we still effectively gave up our average in conference play today. Sitting at 27.333 after TAMU. Theortically Tennessee and Arkansas ought to help that number go down a bit but LSU will plus it back up more than likely.

If we don't score into the 40s against conference opponents then we're probably entering a near win or loss territory.

Last edited:

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL

This is why some of you Eeyores lose credibility, to the point of hilarity. Bo Nix’s game stats are below. There is no way you genuinely believe that our defense is as poor as Miss St.

This is not the Bama D we are used to, but come on... :smile:

C8CE7E2D-8B44-4BC4-A980-A64BF5E52DC4.jpg

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm only seeing one potential loss on the schedule based upon the opponent's ability, and that's L8U. Auburn gets added due to the game being at Jordan-Hare, and the voodoo curse that abides over that place. But on paper, they aren't in the same class as us this year with the true freshman QB.

After today, I'm not sure why anyone would still panic over Georgia in the SEC title game. They are at their most beatable under Smart since his first season. Florida might be a tougher out at this point.

All of that to say, the path to an SEC title is going to run through Tuscaloosa despite everyone's hand wringing over our less than stellar defense. L8U might get us... but I still think we're the better overall team right now.

The Playoffs are a different story. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
This is why some of you Eeyores lose credibility, to the point of hilarity. Bo Nix’s game stats are below. There is no way you genuinely believe that our defense is as poor as Miss St.

This is not the Bama D we are used to, but come on... :smile:

View attachment 4599
I agree 1000%. I agree 1000%. Tulane’s D had a better showing against the barn than Miss State. Let that sink in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.