Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread Bama vs. TAMU...

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
The team improved as a whole today.
Better running game, WRs looking good.
For the most part Tua had time to throw.
Defense improved. What can you do when the refs just simply will not call holding on the other team? Still had five sacks.
There were a couple of throws that Mond made where we had the receiver covered but the receiver just made a great play on the ball. Of course, when the refs are letting the oposing receivers push off then It's kind of hard to keep coverage at tmes.
All and all a good win at a tough place to play. Their crowd was really loud all game and affected us at times.
Another learning/growing experience.
Great win. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I predicted 45-31 earlier in the week so this game went pretty much like i thought it would and no major surprises.

Nice to see the run game get better and finally see some balance on O. O-line looked good too. I’ll concede that the D showed flashes of improvement but they still need to get a lot better if we are going to win all three games of the Iron Triangle in November. Mond had another very good day against us, as many of us predicted, passing for over 250 yds and rushing for almost a 100 again. Right now I think both Nix and Burrow would each throw for over 300 yds against us.

I agree with Graytide, it still takes a very good defense to ultimately win the SEC AND the NC.
Burrow, maybe, although our defense is growing up. Nix, that's laughable...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Anyone else notice the play of Christian Barmore? He was dominant at times. Got a real good push inside.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Not in JHS.
AU has 2 wins over Bama at JHS in the last 11 years: one #4 team played for the NC, the other #6 team for the SEC. You are on helium if you think this AU team will play for either or be ranked like that :smile:. They will have at least 2, maybe 3 losses. The Bama JHS spookees are misguided and act like a bunch of weak-kneed women - it's embarrassing. The best team or at least an outstanding team always wins this game in either stadium. AU will be neither this year.

You rarely disappoint dm35 - you never change.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Are we the only fan base that can take a 19 point win, on the road, vs a ranked opponent and act like we were lucky to get out alive?

Does anyone else act like this?

And PLEASE quit acting like LSU is going to beat us. Our O compared to UF are miles apart. Our D is as good as UF, and likely better

Coach is a “film” expert. He will have plenty of film and find a way to defend.

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I felt throughout the game like Tua was just a little bit off. He missed several throws that he usually doesn’t miss. Boy I am spoiled. His accuracy is uncanny, and if he just misses a couple of throws like any normal quarterback would do it means he’s having an off game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
After today, I'm not sure why anyone would still panic over Georgia in the SEC title game. They are at their most beatable under Smart since his first season.
The crazy thing is that they probably have the most loaded team in the country this year. Kirby is too conservative for his own good, and for that reason I don't think they are done losing at this point

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Overall the game went like I expected. Bama wins comfortablly and Mond gets 1 of his 2 highlight games of the season. But I think the best thing I saw was our defense geting better. I think we have alot of work before LSU, but I think we will be ready.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Offensively our line play was much improved. This game would not have been “19 points close” if not for stupid penalties (which I’ll get to in a moment).

Defensive push to pressure Mond was lacking at times but overall it was better. Blown assignments in the secondary has to be cleaned up. Maybin looks lost at times.

Place kicking? For Pete’s sake Will Reichard please get well soon. Punting?(just coughed up a hair ball).

The officiating in this game made it almost unwatchable. Roughing call on Jennings for the low hit? Maybe but I ask you, if you replace Tua for Mond, do they make that call? My guess is “no”. Call on Barmore? The guy was trying to get to the passing arm and deflect the pass. A joke of a call. The PI in the back of the end zone. Give me a break. Mond was throwing it away. It was a a mile over the receiver’s head. The left tackle for A&M held more than he actually blocked all day long. As far as the “no call” on Battle on the Waddle punt return, there was nothing there. Battle and the gunner had been engaged down the field. The A&M player turned his back to Battle. I could go on I won’t.

It was only our own mistakes coupled with those of the officials that kept this from being a complete snooze fest.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
As I see it right now:

We will beat LSU.
LSU will beat Auburn.
Auburn will likely beat Georgia.
Our game against Auburn is the only game I’m concerned about.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
A 19 point win over the #24 team is very solid. We should appreciate the win.

I think the defense improved some. On a few series, they showed us how dominating they will be in the future. It was good to see Lewis and Jennings getting after the QB. I watched our ILBs and they were confused and slow to react on a lot of plays. But, as CNS has said, you can't coach experience. They'll learn. Stud athletes though.

I thought our running game was good. They took a step forward yesterday. However, I felt the off week hurt our passing game a little. They were running like a well-oiled machine prior to the break, but yesterday they had some miscommunication on a few plays and Tua missed a few throws he usually makes. Boy, how spoiled am I? Tua and our receivers are still the best in the nation, even when they're not at their best.

The kick return game was awesome. I read somewhere that we had over 300 yards in returns. That's ridiculous. But I don't understand why we don't give another punter a chance. DeLong just isn't getting it done. That could be a problem in a close game.

At this point, I think Bama and LSU are the two best teams in the nation. Our game against them should be a great game. Unfortunately, it will probably eliminate one team from the playoffs.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Reading the Aggie boards, one remark keeps being reported over and over and that is the gap in speed between the two teams. Interestingly, although their poor kick coverage is mentioned, only a couple of posters I read realized that it's the same problem for them...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.