JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Texas A&M wrap-up: Bama’s win had more positives than score suggested
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 13th, 2019 01:07 AM

If you want to know how much college football in general, and Alabama football in particular, has changed since the days of Gene Stallings, we’re about to talk about a game in which the Crimson Tide gave up 28 points and yet the defense should feel pretty good about itself. For Stallings, who thought scoreboards should be set up to go no higher than 19, a 47-28 win would have ignited more poor-mouthing than at an auction of 20-year-old police cars. […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
An add on to your fifth point: Ale Kaho has been a demon this year on the punt block team.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
TY Jess; as always, enjoy reading your summary and assessment.
I don’t think the situation is as dire as you as to if one of the Freshmen LBs were to get hurt; Kaho and Benton are both athletes and would get better with additional reps, plus Chris Allen is beginning to look like a man on the field too.

Absolutely agree something should be done with our punting situation in terms of giving someone else a shot; I would like to see someone new rather than the 2 we saw last year....I know what they bring and hope another HS kicker could exceed their productivity.

And if luck and fortune had not been on our side yesterday, we would have missed 2 field goals and had one blocked...not good by Junior College or even High School standards, much less the premium football program in the nation. Also, I think I saw our kicker loose his balance, stumble and fall down after at least 2 kickoffs yesterday...does anyone have an answer?

Last edited:

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the insight. I think we score better with more room but with Najee running like he did yesterday, we should be able to just feed him inside the 5. Agree Punter needs replacing, with kickers when it gets in their head, sometimes they are toast especially if you only get one or two shots per game

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks, Jess that is the game I saw. I will say this though, the defense needs a big improvement before LSU comes to T-Town and before we head to Lee County.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
"Alabama took control of this game the moment it took its first lead, and spent the rest of the game herding Texas A&M toward the finish line like cows heading to a slaughter pen."

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks for your insight once again, Jess. That is the game I saw. I cannot believe that DeLong hasn't already been replaced. He needs to be for sure.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It's time to use up one of the Freshman Punters 4 games.
'DeShort' doesn't get the job done.
If the Freshman can't do better than 'DeShort', We can always go for it on the 4th down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.