Tua - Jeudy Dust Up - should we be concerned?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Not. In. The. Least. Great competitors often go at each other during the course of a season. They both want to win in the worst way. Quite frankly, it is good, for it shows that they are not afraid to talk straight to each other. Quite healthy...

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
It happens in the middle of a competitive situation. I think when Jeudy threw his arms up, Tua felt he was showing him up and went right back at him. Sounds like they got it worked out on the sidelines.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I have noticed this also. Wasn't sure if it was his timing or if the receivers are being held (and it's not called), or a bit of both.

Tua is playing great, but I hope his timing on the long ball improves by the time we play LSU.
I wondered about that as well...... sometimes you gotta go with instinct, but he’s playing really well, so I wonder if it’s not more of the WRs being held up...... the opposing DBs don’t want to give up that long ball

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
If I recall, Julio Jones was in a similar spot in 2010. We didn't have the plethora of receivers then, and not nearly the level of QB play, which is no slight against McElroy. Jones was getting doubled a lot, and he still had a decent season. This season, teams are especially wary of Jeudy, and it's effecting his numbers, but NFL scouts know this as well, and will absolutely consider it come draft time. All the other tangibles and intangibles are on full display at NFL combines, and Jeudy is game on in all of those areas, so nothing to be concerned with there, for him. For THIS team, which he currently is a member of, he's contributing in a big way: drawing the attention of the better DB's, and it's causing huge problems for opponents because the other receivers are just running wild.

I've come to the conclusion that there will be no slowing down of this offense, and there will be no containing it. Alabama will get it's points and it's yards, though they might be tougher to come by against an LSU (maybe), an Auburn (big maybe), and definitely against someone like UF, who seems to be playing at lease competent defense.

The Arkansas and Miss State games are going to be like snuff films.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.