PICK'EM: Who is your top 6 after week 7?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
1. Ohio State.
2. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
4. LSU
5. Wisconsin
6. Clemson

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Buy your pepto now. It’s LSU love month in College Football.
Honestly Im kinda happy they won last night.... A whole season's worth of talk is probably going to cost them when they have to come down in T-town like it always seems to do, and they will crawl back in their swumps and complain about Bama refs and how the SEC office in Bham decides football games after they get their butts whooped again.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Honestly Im kinda happy they won last night.... A whole season's worth of talk is probably going to cost them when they have to come down in T-town like it always seems to do, and they will crawl back in their swumps and complain about Bama refs and how the SEC office in Bham decides football games after they get their butts whooped again.
Try living here. It’s already unbearable

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Try living here. It’s already unbearable
I can imagine. I live at the halfway point between Auburn and Tuscaloosa where the two cities of Childersburg and Sylacauga are 5 miles apart but yet one is 70% Alabama and the other is 60% Auburn. So I’ve been hearing Bosseiah for 5 weeks until Florida exposed them.

So yeah I’m sure LSU fans are unbearable right now, but they are like UGA fans in that they set themselves up for an epic failure.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure how any reasonable person could have anyone other than LSU right now. Not saying that they will finish there as their defense makes Alabama's defense look rock solid, but they have done more at this point than any other team, and it isn't close.

My way too early list:

LSU
Alabama
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Sooners
Clemson

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Whisky is definitely in the discussion right now. We will know more after they play OSU but that team looks as solid as anyone I have seen this year.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If my only criteria is strength of schedule, yes, LSU deserves the #1 spot right now. But that's not how I rank teams. I try to rank based upon all factors together, as best I can.

So:

1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Oklahoma
5. Clemson
6. Wisconsin

Explanation: Ohio State looks like the most complete team in the country to me. A very good offense and what appears to be an elite level defense. Their SOS isn't great, so this ranking will either be confirmed or denied in a few weeks. Alabama has the best offense in the country, IMO, with at least a top 30 level defense. Not great, but more than enough when paired with Tua and company. You could convince me LSU deserves to be higher based upon SOS, but I do not think their defense is very close to ours and I believe our offense is better. That said, they are solidly among the contenders to win it all. They'll face us head to head, so if my ranking is incorrect, it will be proven on the field in a few weeks. I've got Oklahoma above Clemson because I do not believe last year's results should govern this year's rankings this deep into the season. I think OU's defense is improved enough that they would beat Clemson head to head right now. But I admit, Jalen looked more human (relative to the first 5 games) against what I think is only an average defense in Texas. Finally, I think Clemson would beat Wisconsin today and I'm not ready to move Penn State into the top 6.

This is all going to work itself out, at least with head to head match ups. Ohio State is going to face Wisconsin (and Penn State and Michigan). Alabama and LSU are going to play, and the shame of it all is that one team is going to be eliminated from every possible championship in all likelihood. Oklahoma and Clemson have much clearer paths. I'm pulling for Clemson to wet the bed because I don't think they'll deserve the spot they get when its all said and done. Say LSU loses to us by 1. We go 13-0. Does that LSU team, at 11-1 playing the schedule they will have played, deserve to be left out in favor of a Clemson team whose best wins are going to be over a 7-5 Texas A&M or a 7-5 South Carolina? No, but they'll get it left out anyway.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. Clemson
5. Alabama
6. Wisconsin
I agree with this list. Alabama's DEFENSE is going to have to IMPROVE for me to move them up. I just put Wisconsin at #5 and Alabama at #6.

Hmmmmmm. Who will win the SEC East?

Let's place a huge TARGET on The Ohio State.

And it would be GREAT to have LSU ranked HIGHER than Bama when those Tigers visit Tuscaloosa. Joe B. looks like an NFL QB. LSU has beat TWO very good teams so they DESERVE a higher ranking than Alabama.

I just want Alabama to be #1 when the dust settles in January 2020.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
deliveryman35 PM'ed me with his "real - feel it in my heart" listing. (The parenthetical notes are his too.) I would only do this for dm35.

1. an Ohio State (I'm a stickler for correct grammar and deep humility)
2. LSU
3. OU
4. Clemson
5. AU @ J-H (they should be #1 but BnB has been giving me a hard time so...)
6. Alabama (really should be ~15 or so, but just couldn't leave my beloved Bama out - they are undefeated you know. Just the specter of having to play in J-H later in the year is a burden few teams can bear, so they're worthy of a bump from ~15 to 6.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.