The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly Aggie style:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- The OL looked much better and consequently the running game got going. Tua continues to look good along with the WR's. I think the DL is better with Barmore in the middle (penalties and all).

The Bad- Our youth at MLB continues to hamper our abilities to cover RB out of backfield and a Scrambling QB. Thought they did look improved versus the running game.

The Ugly- Our kicking game is beyond atrocious. It amazes me that this one area where a team like Alabama struggles. A change needs to be made at punter and Reichard needs time in that oxygen contraption to speed his heeling.

PS- Sorry for being MIA the last few games. Our travel baseball schedule has been kicking my butt.

Last edited:

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
The good: Najee got 100 yards rushing, 2/2 on field goals, Waddle and Ruggs in the return game, offensive line.

The bad: defense, Tua had a handful of bad throws that were uncharacteristic.

The ugly: punting, penalties.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Great: UGA lost to USCe so we can delay the Kirby is an elite coach argument for another year, and the UGA fans are breaking Tv's.

On a side note: Nebraska was embarrassed yet again. LOL

The Good; We won

The Bad: The defense is still a little behind, but on the bright side we are steadily improving. So consider the "Bad" more of a neutral piece than a more eeyore one

The Ugly: We need Riechard back asap and we need a punter.

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
The Great: UGA lost to USCe so we can delay the Kirby is an elite coach argument for another year, and the UGA fans are breaking Tv's.

On a side note: Nebraska was embarrassed yet again. LOL

The Good; We won

The Bad: The defense is still a little behind, but on the bright side we are steadily improving. So consider the "Bad" more of a neutral piece than a more eeyore one

The Ugly: We need Riechard back asap and we need a punter.
To add to the "Great" part at the top of your post:
There are 3 articles about Kirby/Fromm/UGA losing on ajc.com online and 1 article on cnn.com about it :)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Good: Run game mostly got on track. Pass rush was mostly spectacular. First team of the season to kick returnable kickoffs/punts and the results speak for themselves.

Bad: Special teams kicking still a disaster waiting to happen. 1 XPA blocked, 1 XPA hit the upright but went through, and 1 FGA hit upright but went through. 4th quarter defense looked gassed but I blame that on the offense not executing late-game-with-lead until the very end.

Ugly: Our situational offense is not spectacular like the rest of the offense. Better teams will do a better job of stopping the big plays and get us into more red zone situations. We've got to cash in more touchdowns down there. When we need to be able to run and everyone else in the stadium knows it, we need to be able to get effective runs. This is how you put away games and keep the defense off the field. The pick was caused by two ineffective runs in the redzone leading to Tua maybe forcing a throw because ~20yl is a stretch for Bulovas as a PK (yuck).

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Good- This is weird, but I thought Tua was only good yesterday, and I have gotten used to him being great. He has raised the bar for himself. The o-line was solid, and the receivers and backs took care of their duties. The defense looked much better at times, but we still have lapses of missed assignments and penalties (Not all of which are legit- cough, cough, ridiculous rules set up to favor the offense). We squeezed their pocket on all sides several times, and that was nice to see. The return game was very impressive.

Bad- I will simply say the kicking needs improvement. On a positive note, we added to our impressive record of goal posts hit. I really hope we grease those suckers when we are playing at Bryant-Denny.

Ugly- Mississippi St.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The Good......... Our Offense is working
The Bad........... Special teams KICKING. AWFUL.
The Ugly........... Blind Refs ejected the wrong man.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Good- This is weird, but I thought Tua was only good yesterday, and I have gotten used to him being great. He has raised the bar for himself. The o-line was solid, and the receivers and backs took care of their duties. The defense looked much better at times, but we still have lapses of missed assignments and penalties (Not all of which are legit- cough, cough, ridiculous rules set up to favor the offense). We squeezed their pocket on all sides several times, and that was nice to see. The return game was very impressive.

Bad- I will simply say the kicking needs improvement. On a positive note, we added to our impressive record of goal posts hit. I really hope we grease those suckers when we are playing at Bryant-Denny.

Ugly- Mississippi St.
Yet 4 passing TDS and should have been 5.....and could have been 6. Plus his lower yardage was due to 311 return yards

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.