What did we learn from the Georgia loss? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: What did we learn from the Georgia loss?

Confirmed what many already knew - UGA has a HC problem. KS is good at program building and getting admin and state buy-in but he is not a good strategist nor tactician.

Georgia is not "still the heavy favorite" to win the East. Probably barely the favorite out of UGA, UF, UM, USCe. They are in a 4-way dogfight.

Some say USCe got a bunch of breaks. Consider that USCe lost their 2nd team QB and their top, big time WR early and missed a chip shot FG to win in the 1st OT. USCe dominated UGA's vaunted OL, stoned their receivers and at times were able to move UGA's DL with not threat of the pass from their WR, err uh, QB. But it appears that ND can still appeal to their UGA moral victory for credibility when it was just UGA mediocrity. UGA has a lot of talent and not much more at the moment.

If they survive the East it probably won't mean much.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

SC 23 Bama 47
    SC 20 Geo 17

It appears our O is a lot better than the dogs when they have three ints.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Confirmed what many already knew - UGA has a HC problem. KS is good at program building and getting admin and state buy-in but he is not a good strategist nor tactician.

Georgia is not "still the heavy favorite" to win the East. Probably barely the favorite out of UGA, UF, UM, USCe. They are in a 4-way dogfight.

Some say USCe got a bunch of breaks. Consider that USCe lost their 2nd team QB and their top, big time WR early and missed a chip shot FG to win in the 1st OT. USCe dominated UGA's vaunted OL, stoned their receivers and at times were able to move UGA's DL with not threat of the pass from their WR, err uh, QB. But it appears that ND can still appeal to their UGA moral victory for credibility when it was just UGA mediocrity. UGA has a lot of talent and not much more at the moment.

If they survive the East it probably won't mean much.
    Honestly I think if hilinski didn’t get hurt then it would’ve been a 14-21 point win. USCe destroyed the line of scrimmage

Georgia’s problem is that they are so dang stubborn into proving running the ball with a pop gun arm game managing qb can still dominate the SEC and the NCAA. They try to win 23-17 games instead of trying to put serious distance between them and comparable teams
    Last edited by 81usaf92; October 13th, 2019 at 06:40 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

TV had a graphic during the game. UGA is 0-8 when Fromm throws 30 times or more. He threw 51 times against USCe. If you have a bad day anyone can beat you.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    TV had a graphic during the game. UGA is 0-8 when Fromm throws 30 times or more. He threw 51 times against USCe. If you have a bad day anyone can beat you.
    What that stat tells me is that GA's offense is heavily reliant on their run game. Stop the run and you beat GA, even with Fromm at QB. Fromm is not a bad QB. His QB rating last year was amazingly high (have not looked at it this year).

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Game showed the road map to beating the Dogs.

Shut down their Rushing game and Ga. hasn't been able to beat you with Fromm.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    Game showed the road map to beating the Dogs.

Shut down their Rushing game and Ga. hasn't been able to beat you with Fromm.
    Blue Font: “But, but, but Fromm is just as good as Tua, Georgia is just as good as Alabama.”

Heard Jim Donnan tell Finebaum to stop asking Kirby about CNS last Thursday. Donnan said Kirby is his own man, and that Kirby learned how to Coach by taking little bits from everywhere he coached. This constant drumbeat of I am equal to CNS, and I am younger and will overtake him, and get you to the league....blah blah....has probably been used in recruiting. What a weekend for the Georgia knuckleheads to make this statement!

I think Kirby is flat out disrespectful. I hope Auburn and Florida dismantle them. Karma in Donnan and Kirby’s case appears to be driving the big 18 wheel tractor trailer that’s painted Crimson and White with all Bama’s National Championships on the side!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

If I’m building a team, Fromm isn’t one of the first ten QBs I choose.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

I think Fromm comes back for his senior year.

We play them next year at home.

It will be an interesting game, especially if Tua leaves for NFL early.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    Blue Font: “But, but, but Fromm is just as good as Tua, Georgia is just as good as Alabama.”

Heard Jim Donnan tell Finebaum to stop asking Kirby about CNS last Thursday. Donnan said Kirby is his own man, and that Kirby learned how to Coach by taking little bits from everywhere he coached. This constant drumbeat of I am equal to CNS, and I am younger and will overtake him, and get you to the league....blah blah....has probably been used in recruiting. What a weekend for the Georgia knuckleheads to make this statement!

I think Kirby is flat out disrespectful. I hope Auburn and Florida dismantle them. Karma in Donnan and Kirby’s case appears to be driving the big 18 wheel tractor trailer that’s painted Crimson and White with all Bama’s National Championships on the side!
    Where all did Kirby coach? He spent over a decade with Nick Saban. He was fine with hanging on to Nick Saban’s coattails when it meant he was mentioned for every HC opening but as soon as he gets his “dream job” then Coach Saban is dead to him.

He is disrespectful. Disingenuous. He’s a punk and he will never amount to what his mentor has been because of who he really is.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    What that stat tells me is that GA's offense is heavily reliant on their run game. Stop the run and you beat GA, even with Fromm at QB. Fromm is not a bad QB. His QB rating last year was amazingly high (have not looked at it this year).
    Bingo. As I said before, Fromm is a very efficient QB when leading and the running game is giving him free reign to thrown, but slow down the running game and his efficiency suffers. Do not have an opinion of Smart, but Donnan is in the group with Pat Dye and is an AH.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

1. KS can't win a tough, close game even with far better players...
    2. Muschamp clearly outmotivated his players...they have decent talent, but not UGA's.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation First Team

It showed that Kirby is still not preparing his team for another team's backup quarterback.