What did we learn from the Georgia loss?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Taking a page from Nick Saban, "if you aren't ready to play you will get beat". I honestly believed Kirby and the team had already put a W beside this game. I do agree with those who say the UGA offense is behind times. Fromm is a very efficient, game manager when playing ahead, but when he has an off day, is playing behind he is not that reliable. All that said, USCe played above their heads, got some breaks and did not quit.

I still believe UGA is the team to beat in the East.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The loss doesn't change much because they still control their own destiny.

What this shows is that UGA lacks pop on offense. South Carolina made them execute long drives to score and they made too many mistakes.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Confirmed what many already knew - UGA has a HC problem. KS is good at program building and getting admin and state buy-in but he is not a good strategist nor tactician.

Georgia is not "still the heavy favorite" to win the East. Probably barely the favorite out of UGA, UF, UM, USCe. They are in a 4-way dogfight.

Some say USCe got a bunch of breaks. Consider that USCe lost their 2nd team QB and their top, big time WR early and missed a chip shot FG to win in the 1st OT. USCe dominated UGA's vaunted OL, stoned their receivers and at times were able to move UGA's DL with not threat of the pass from their WR, err uh, QB. But it appears that ND can still appeal to their UGA moral victory for credibility when it was just UGA mediocrity. UGA has a lot of talent and not much more at the moment.

If they survive the East it probably won't mean much.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Confirmed what many already knew - UGA has a HC problem. KS is good at program building and getting admin and state buy-in but he is not a good strategist nor tactician.

Georgia is not "still the heavy favorite" to win the East. Probably barely the favorite out of UGA, UF, UM, USCe. They are in a 4-way dogfight.

Some say USCe got a bunch of breaks. Consider that USCe lost their 2nd team QB and their top, big time WR early and missed a chip shot FG to win in the 1st OT. USCe dominated UGA's vaunted OL, stoned their receivers and at times were able to move UGA's DL with not threat of the pass from their WR, err uh, QB. But it appears that ND can still appeal to their UGA moral victory for credibility when it was just UGA mediocrity. UGA has a lot of talent and not much more at the moment.

If they survive the East it probably won't mean much.
Honestly I think if hilinski didn’t get hurt then it would’ve been a 14-21 point win. USCe destroyed the line of scrimmage

Georgia’s problem is that they are so dang stubborn into proving running the ball with a pop gun arm game managing qb can still dominate the SEC and the NCAA. They try to win 23-17 games instead of trying to put serious distance between them and comparable teams

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
TV had a graphic during the game. UGA is 0-8 when Fromm throws 30 times or more. He threw 51 times against USCe. If you have a bad day anyone can beat you.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
TV had a graphic during the game. UGA is 0-8 when Fromm throws 30 times or more. He threw 51 times against USCe. If you have a bad day anyone can beat you.
What that stat tells me is that GA's offense is heavily reliant on their run game. Stop the run and you beat GA, even with Fromm at QB. Fromm is not a bad QB. His QB rating last year was amazingly high (have not looked at it this year).

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Game showed the road map to beating the Dogs.

Shut down their Rushing game and Ga. hasn't been able to beat you with Fromm.
Blue Font: “But, but, but Fromm is just as good as Tua, Georgia is just as good as Alabama.”

Heard Jim Donnan tell Finebaum to stop asking Kirby about CNS last Thursday. Donnan said Kirby is his own man, and that Kirby learned how to Coach by taking little bits from everywhere he coached. This constant drumbeat of I am equal to CNS, and I am younger and will overtake him, and get you to the league....blah blah....has probably been used in recruiting. What a weekend for the Georgia knuckleheads to make this statement!

I think Kirby is flat out disrespectful. I hope Auburn and Florida dismantle them. Karma in Donnan and Kirby’s case appears to be driving the big 18 wheel tractor trailer that’s painted Crimson and White with all Bama’s National Championships on the side!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think Fromm comes back for his senior year.

We play them next year at home.

It will be an interesting game, especially if Tua leaves for NFL early.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Blue Font: “But, but, but Fromm is just as good as Tua, Georgia is just as good as Alabama.”

Heard Jim Donnan tell Finebaum to stop asking Kirby about CNS last Thursday. Donnan said Kirby is his own man, and that Kirby learned how to Coach by taking little bits from everywhere he coached. This constant drumbeat of I am equal to CNS, and I am younger and will overtake him, and get you to the league....blah blah....has probably been used in recruiting. What a weekend for the Georgia knuckleheads to make this statement!

I think Kirby is flat out disrespectful. I hope Auburn and Florida dismantle them. Karma in Donnan and Kirby’s case appears to be driving the big 18 wheel tractor trailer that’s painted Crimson and White with all Bama’s National Championships on the side!
Where all did Kirby coach? He spent over a decade with Nick Saban. He was fine with hanging on to Nick Saban’s coattails when it meant he was mentioned for every HC opening but as soon as he gets his “dream job” then Coach Saban is dead to him.

He is disrespectful. Disingenuous. He’s a punk and he will never amount to what his mentor has been because of who he really is.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
What that stat tells me is that GA's offense is heavily reliant on their run game. Stop the run and you beat GA, even with Fromm at QB. Fromm is not a bad QB. His QB rating last year was amazingly high (have not looked at it this year).
Bingo. As I said before, Fromm is a very efficient QB when leading and the running game is giving him free reign to thrown, but slow down the running game and his efficiency suffers. Do not have an opinion of Smart, but Donnan is in the group with Pat Dye and is an AH.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
We learned that UGA is not as good as everyone thought.

I see a scenario where UGA beats UF, then loses to Mizzou, making a mess of the SECE.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.