What did we learn from the Georgia loss?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Jim Mcelwain and Doug Nussmeir offenses are the way of the dodo and they aren't smart to implement unless you are content with the occasional Sugar Bowl appearance and beat down by a lesser team.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don’t think anyone saw this coming. Does it change anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

The only thing it did was eliminate UGA's margin of error for making the playoff.

We should have figured it, though; Georgia has been a problem child ever since they were founded by a bunch of blokes as an agrarian society.
Then Sherman burned them to the ground.
Then they made up tales about the Alabama-Jawja game in 1962.
They stole a successful baseball franchise from Milwaukee and a successful basketball franchise from St Louis.....and neither one has been worth a damn, winning ONE championship....in a strike-shortened season no less
they got a football expansion team that makes the Saints and Bucs look like the Patriots by comparison
Then they got a guy elected President whom nobody liked.
And they paid Herschel Walker

I mean, the whole Georgia way from its discovery by English white dudes has been a tale of constant misery and underachieving.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
No.

The only thing it did was eliminate UGA's margin of error for making the playoff.

We should have figured it, though; Georgia has been a problem child ever since they were founded by a bunch of blokes as an agrarian society.
Then Sherman burned them to the ground.
Then they made up tales about the Alabama-Jawja game in 1962.
They stole a successful baseball franchise from Milwaukee and a successful basketball franchise from St Louis.....and neither one has been worth a damn, winning ONE championship....in a strike-shortened season no less
they got a football expansion team that makes the Saints and Bucs look like the Patriots by comparison
Then they got a guy elected President whom nobody liked.
And they paid Herschel Walker

I mean, the whole Georgia way from its discovery by English white dudes has been a tale of constant misery and underachieving.

Yes! Thank you for this, Selma!

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I just remember all the sports shows before this game was played. All the Georgia homers were thumping their chests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
That Dawgbyte's going to show up on a milk carton after someone finally reports he and his HTWQB missing...:Joker_PDT_20: on TideFans.com

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I learned there are 3 articles about the loss on today's ajc.com and 1 article about it on cnn.com today. :)

I do think they can still win the East and compete, but it will be more difficult.

I saw lots of facebook posts today with the meme of the Falcons, Braves, and Dawgs. Funny. I don't ever say anything to my UGA friends about football though.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I don't think we learned anything from this game. UGA will probably still win the east. UGA probably still beats UF, and that's all they have to do to win the east.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
UGA probably still beats UF, and that's all they have to do to win the east.
Not true. If they beat UF and lose to either Auburn or Mizzou and USCe wins out, South Carolina goes to Atlanta. UGA hasn't even gotten close to the amen corner yet, and those are teams a lot better than South Carolina that match up a lot better against that dinosaur offense than South Carolina.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Not true. If they beat UF and lose to either Auburn or Mizzou and USCe wins out, South Carolina goes to Atlanta. UGA hasn't even gotten close to the amen corner yet, and those are teams a lot better than South Carolina that match up a lot better against that dinosaur offense than South Carolina.
UGA is not going to lose to Mizzou and I doubt they lose to Auburn. UF will give them a game, but they should still win. UF and Auburn will be their only real challenges before Atlanta. UGA is still a heavy favorite to win the east and it would take a lot for UF to win the east. I seriously doubt SC will win the east. SC got up and won a big upset, winning the east is something else entirely.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
UGA is not going to lose to Mizzou .
That same Mizzou team that totally dog whipped South Carolina? Missouri is a lot better than what people think, and UGA is a lot more overhyped than what people think. Keep in mind they play Missouri the week after Florida.

and I doubt they lose to Auburn..

Auburn has a lot better defense, and its at JHS the week after Missouri. Georgia doesn't usually survive that kinda buzzsaw.

UGA is still a heavy favorite to win the east and it would take a lot for UF to win the east. .

Yeah, but their offense didn't just take a dump for this one game, they have been taking a dump for about 6 games straight, and have no signs of improvement. Sure their defense will keep them in games, but Kirby's stubbornness on offensive philosophy is going to keep just about everyone with a pulse in a game as well. Had Hilinski not got knocked out of the game yesterday, South Carolina beats UGA by two scores minimum. They were playing a Wr at qb for about half the game. How can you not out pace a wr behind center with a 5 star talented offense? Simple, run a dinosaur offense like Georgia does when its obvious it doesn't work. Point is they have better offenses and better defenses coming to face them next month, and they will most likely drop atleast 1.

I seriously doubt SC will win the east. SC got up and won a big upset, winning the east is something else entirely.

Florida is coming off a physically draining loss, and South Carolina is coming off a confidence building upset. So who is mentally ready to play maybe more important than who do you have to play in that game. But the point was if South Carolina was to beat FLorida then they would be sitting at 2 conference losses with the big 3 (UGA, UF, MO) out of the way. Basically beat Vandy, aTm, and Tennessee and Hope UGA drops one because they own the tie breaker.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Was Dan Orlovsky the commentator in the UGA game?

Whoever it was, he talked about how Fromme is the best QB in the country.

Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who get paid lots of money to say stupid stuff on tv.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Missouri very well could beat Georgia. It's a shame they aren't eligible for the postseason.

I'm still not sure about Florida. I certainly think they are capable of beating Georgia. Auburn is as well. I could easily see a 9-3 finish for Georgia and that is definitely not what they expected going into the season. This was a bad loss for them yesterday. Really bad. It's one thing to lose to Alabama with us playing our backup QB. It's one thing to get blown out by LSU or Auburn on the road. But to lose at home to a mediocre South Carolina team playing a converted WR as its QB? This one is going to leave a mark for some time to come.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Missouri very well could beat Georgia. It's a shame they aren't eligible for the postseason.
Actually I think they are as right now eligible. Under appeal the original ruling doesn't stand. Or atleast that's how it seems since they got into the SEC baseball tournament earlier in the year and robbed us of a spot after filing the appeal. But the appeal is hanging over their heads until the NCAA makes the final ruling.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.