Are you ever so nervous you can't watch?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Nervous...but can't not watch. I recall several years ago....Bama vs LSU...night game in Baton Rouge so it was late..and it was close. I was watching it in the bed...wife was asleep using my chest as a pillow. Suddenly she woke up....What's wrong? What's wrong? she said. What do you mean? I replied. Your heart! Your heart's racing! LSU's about to score I said..
She rolled her eyes and went back to sleep... :smile:
That's amazing. Roll Tide.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
The 1969 Alabama v Ole Miss was the first prime time college football game. It held the record for total offense by both teams for a long, long time. I was wearing a pair of white jeans that night but after the game the upper thigh of the pants had discoloration from rubbing my hands on my legs throughout the game.

During the Alabama v ole Miss game in 1970 my dad banned me from watching Alabama football in the house.
Ha! You thinks that's bad, you should have been AT the game as I was. I was 23 at the time and thought I was about to have the "big one" toward the end of the game.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I've never had that problem, but my Dad has always been that way. If we fell behind he'd get up and go out to his shop and piddle around. Sometimes he'd stick his head in the door and ask how it's going, and sometimes I'd go to the shop and tell him it was okay to come back inside. There have been times, since I've been grown, that I know he'd go to bed if we fell behind in a night game and I've called him and told him to: wake up 'cause we won! The championship game against UGA was one of those nights.

Ping Pong Champ

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 2, 2018
Crimsonaudio has it right. I love pulling for my team, but it has little affect on my life. That being said......Roll Tide !!!!

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I'm the opposite, I can't look away. But there have 2 times I've gotten so mad I quit watching because I needed to go to work. Once was the Sack fest when I didn't want to see Brodie get killed during the game. The other was against Arkansas when we ended up losing when Leigh Tiffon missed the extra point in overtime. I was sitting in the car between store calls listening and I knew he would miss it even before he came on the field.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
2017 CFPCG - I had to leave the ESPN Club because I was too upset to watch it in mixed company. But I went back to my hotel room and watched from there. My wife and I watched in different rooms in the hotel. So I guess that the answer is no - I watch - but sometimes I need to watch alone.

I think that we woke up the entire hotel when this happened:

My wife knows when to watch the game from our bedroom...
Smart lady.
Some games I'm much worse than 'Funnymaine', like against LSU, Auburn, any Playoff Game.
I'm hardwired HARDCORE.
With me there is no such thing as just a game... I REALLY DON'T LIKE TO LOSE...
Every loss is painful, and etched in my memory.
(I hold a grudge)

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I get nervous each Saturday a few hours before the game. I usually can't eat much on game day until after the game.

As an athlete, I never got nervous, but as a fan I do. I just want Bama to win (by a lot) with no injuries and don't like losing. I think Saban has contributed to my expectations being so high. :)

I am very nervous during games unless we have a 3 TD lead. I always watch though. I am not nervous if I actually go to a game, because I am staying busy, in that atmosphere, and having fun. It's just weird.

In reference to the 2nd and 26, I was at that game, more mad than nervous, but when Tua went in I became excited. I got home at 2am, watched the recorded game on TV, and never went to sleep.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I always start out a little nervous before games, (more so for big games versus games like New Mexico State etc), but am in there for every play, start to finish. I never get too nervous to watch, but kicking attempts lately are tempting me to hide my eyes for a minute!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I am getting close to that. Yesterday, I thought A&M looked very good. At times!

I believe Jess had already ordained that their offensive and defensive lines were better than ours. And the way they swept down the field on their first possession just about gave me a heart attack! I later told my wife that I was getting close to taping the games and, after finding out the outcome, play the tape. That is, if we won.

As I age, I have noticed that my interest in sports in general and football in particular focuses more and more on Alabama football. I no longer watch the Carolina Panthers nor any other pro team because of the knee thing. I am 81 years old, served in the military, love my country and respect our police. I continue to be impressed by the way our players present themselves as fine young men and the positive attitude toward life instilled in them by our great coach. It is very much like what Bear Bryant did and I observed first hand during my years on the faculty.

One more thing. I am not sure Jess was right when he said their defensive line was better than ours. They might be close but I don't think better. As for the offensive line, after yesterday I would say there isn't a better one in the country. Not sure anybody else is even close. Man, where did this Barmore guy come from????

Don't know how on earth I am going to be able watch the LSU game!
Yep! I DVR'd the game Saturday; didn't want a heart attack. I was worried about Bama's DEFENSE. I didn't know who had won until about 6:30 p.m. on Saturday. You better believe that I will DVR the LSWho game. Yep! I was able to work in my yard and read three Books of the Bible from 2:00 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. I was afraid I'd turn the TV on and they would be in at least the 7th OVERTIME. As soon as I turned on the TV, ESPN was showing highlights of the CBS televised game. Only then could I relax and take a deep breath. If I'm at the game live, it doesn't bother me as much as watching the HYPE on TV. I guess I need to MUTE the TV and play soft instrumental music during Bama games.

With the way Joe B. is playing, he may throw for 500+ yards against Bama. Hopefully, Tua will throw for more TD's. Here's hoping Bama's DEFENSE will intercept 3 or 4 or more Joe B. passes.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm almost always a little nervous when there is a big game. But never so bad I can't watch (except for maybe FG and Extra Point attempts)

That said, this years LSU game already has me on edge.

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
I am getting close to that. Yesterday, I thought A&M looked very good. At times!

I believe Jess had already ordained that their offensive and defensive lines were better than ours. And the way they swept down the field on their first possession just about gave me a heart attack! I later told my wife that I was getting close to taping the games and, after finding out the outcome, play the tape. That is, if we won.

As I age, I have noticed that my interest in sports in general and football in particular focuses more and more on Alabama football. I no longer watch the Carolina Panthers nor any other pro team because of the knee thing. I am 81 years old, served in the military, love my country and respect our police. I continue to be impressed by the way our players present themselves as fine young men and the positive attitude toward life instilled in them by our great coach. It is very much like what Bear Bryant did and I observed first hand during my years on the faculty.

One more thing. I am not sure Jess was right when he said their defensive line was better than ours. They might be close but I don't think better. As for the offensive line, after yesterday I would say there isn't a better one in the country. Not sure anybody else is even close. Man, where did this Barmore guy come from????

Don't know how on earth I am going to be able watch the LSU game!
Was this you in this video?

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
No, I can always watch. But, the last minute of the 2016 CFB Championship game against Clemson made me a nervous wreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamadoc74

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 26, 2008
Hattiesburg
Due to my age I've seen The Tide win many more games than they have lost.I try to be more philosophical about it all instead of cussing the TV.What I cannot stand is poor effort and mistake filled football.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.