Ohio State are they for real? (Chime in B1GTide)

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I don’t watch them too much but now they are being listed in the top four. I don’t see anyone challenging them the rest of the way in their regular season schedule (except maybe Wisconsin). So, they will probably remain in the top four).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
My opinion.........more so than previous years. Justin Fields adds that missing dimension that they have needed. Kirby screwed up badly letting him get away.
I think Wisky is the real deal as well.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don’t watch them too much but now they are being listed in the top four. I don’t see anyone challenging them the rest of the way in their regular season schedule (except maybe Wisconsin). So, they will probably remain in the top four).

Well....

1) There REALLY is an Ohio State
2) and the Buckeyes do play football there

So yeah - they're for real in that they exist.

I think the jury is still out simply because the opposition has not been all that good.

But they ARE a good team, yes.

Great? Let's wait and see.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We have the most complete team that we have had since 2014, but zero depth. I have no idea what we will look like if challenged for an entire game.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Not sure we know yet, but we will get a pretty good read on 10/26 in Madison. Not sold on Wisconsin. This is for B1G, if you have any pull in the athletic department, please tell them to burn the black unis.

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Ohio State is for real. I think they have an undefeated regular season, win the B1G championship and go to the playoff. Michigan does not appear to be a threat to them. They still have to play Wisconsin (perhaps twice) but they've won 9 of the last 10 against Wisconsin and have the same advantage they've always had against Wisconsin and that is team speed.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Can't believe that we stole him from GA. With the loss of Burrow, I thought we were in trouble. Tate was just too small to play in our offense.
Fields fits Ohio State’s offense better. If Kirby was going to stay current with the times he might have had a shot at Georgia.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Ohio State is for real. I think they have an undefeated regular season, win the B1G championship and go to the playoff. Michigan does not appear to be a threat to them. They still have to play Wisconsin (perhaps twice) but they've won 9 of the last 10 against Wisconsin and have the same advantage they've always had against Wisconsin and that is team speed.
Of course anything can happen, but I agree history says the Badgers are too slow to play fast ball. Plus they have not faced any QB like Fields or a RB like Dobbins.

ETA: They still have Penn State but that is in Columbus IIRC

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
history always shows that one game a year tOSU lays an egg. Sometimes they overcome it. But sometimes they don’t. When do they lay the egg? And against who? That (to me) is the curiosity

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
history always shows that one game a year tOSU lays an egg. Sometimes they overcome it. But sometimes they don’t. When do they lay the egg? And against who? That (to me) is the curiosity
That was a Meyer thing - he is gone.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
They definitely look like they are. Fields is working out nicely and they have arguably the best pass rusher and best CB in college football. I honestly hope they choke (sorry B1G) because I don't really want to play them.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
I think they are a lock for the playoff. Wisc. does not have the team speed on either side of the ball to stay with the Buckeyes and they get PSU @ home. MICH., even in Ann Arbor is absolutely going to get boat raced. They will have to beat Wisc. twice but I think they are simply too strong for the Badgers.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not sure we know yet, but we will get a pretty good read on 10/26 in Madison. Not sold on Wisconsin. This is for B1G, if you have any pull in the athletic department, please tell them to burn the black unis.
4 shutouts through 6 games is pretty hard to do.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.