Poll: Are Trump and his supporters really conservatives? Why and why not?

Is Trump and trump supporters true conservatives

• Total voters

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Agree completely. Although, the GOP hasn't completely cornered the market....

Florida Dem proposes bill requiring Bible courses, allowing prayer in public schools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey74Is0zwaM

no, of course not. Had never heard of her or this bill. She seems interesting?

from wikipedia

Kimberly Daniels (born 1961/2[SUP][1][/SUP]) is an American religious minister who performs exorcisms[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP], religious author, politician, former sex worker[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP], and mother of six[SUP][1][/SUP] from Jacksonville, Florida. She is currently serving her second term as the representative for Florida House of Representatives District 14 (part of Duval County) as a member of the Democratic Party.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Even I wouldn't make that claim

though it cannot be denied that the GOP is completely in the bag for the Theocrats. It is why Trump has record levels of evangelical support
It’s the same reasoning behind “yes we’re coming for your guns” and paying for inmate’s gender reassignment surgeries: both sides cater to the furthest fringe because the sane middle (varying shades of purple, if you will) vote along party lines simply because they’re scared of who the other guys are nominating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It’s the same reasoning behind “yes we’re coming for your guns” and paying for inmate’s gender reassignment surgeries: both sides cater to the furthest fringe because the sane middle (varying shades of purple, if you will) vote along party lines simply because they’re scared of who the other guys are nominating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
your fringe sets policy and is stacking the courts, the lefts crazies are considered crazy and not allowed to do much that actually matters

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm still waiting on a definition of "conservatism." All I've read is a bunch of dancing around the point...
This guy divides conservatism into three groups:

1) economic conservative ... this is where I fall
2) social conservative ... these are the Theocrats
3) neo-conservatives ... needs no explanation

It helps explain why you cannot lump all conservatives together. There's also a political compass quiz linked in the description. Not surprisingly I fell in the Libertarian sector between Milton Friedman and Freidrich Hayek. Donald Trump is an authoritarian.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States

It helps explain why you cannot lump all conservatives together. There's also a political compass quiz linked in the description. Not surprisingly I fell in the Libertarian sector between Milton Friedman and Freidrich Hayek. Donald Trump is an authoritarian.

I took the quiz, I am middle on the middle of libertarian (for instance I believe we ought to make kids go to school) & very slightly left (I don't think you should die of cancer because you're poor)
A pretty solid moderate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I took the quiz, I am middle on the middle of libertarian (for instance I believe we ought to make kids go to school) & very slightly left (I don't think you should die of cancer because you're poor)
A pretty solid moderate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This is where I landed.

Political compass.png

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
On that political compass the horizontal line is an economic line whereas the vertical line is a social line. I'm not nearly as concerned about the economic line as I am the social line as long as the economic line does not venture too far to the left and as I've aged my I've moved farther to the left on economics. I think this is why so many of us who may have been political rivals in the past all see the president as a major problem. The Cheeto is 13 squares directly above me, very close to where Hitler is.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Where do the circa 1962 George Wallace supporters fit?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.