UA Student Accused Of Threat to Tiger Stadium During LSU - Florida Game

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This could qualify for a couple of boards, but I went with Non-Sports, Non-Politics.

Young Mr. Connor Croll had a bad day yesterday.

Mama Always Says Stupid Is As Stupid Does

The article says he was arrested "early Sunday," so it didn't take long to go from act to hoosegow. Worse, he's being extradited to Baton Rouge to face charges.

I know absolutely nothing other than what's in the article. But the only incentive I can think of is that he was losing a bet and tried to disrupt the game to avoid paying off. I'm sure there was no alcohol involved.

I'd pay money to have heard the conversation between him and his parents when he called home to Virginia for legal advice.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I commented on it when it came up on my Facebook feed, and this is the proper board here. I just can't believe it. One commenter on SDS said "There's a little Harvey in all of us"...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'd pay money to have heard the conversation between him and his parents when he called home to Virginia for legal advice.

“New phone, who dis?”
“We didn’t raise a kid, and put him in college so he could threaten a stadium.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This could qualify for a couple of boards, but I went with Non-Sports, Non-Politics.

The article says he was arrested "early Sunday," so it didn't take long to go from act to hoosegow. Worse, he's being extradited to Baton Rouge to face charges.

I know absolutely nothing other than what's in the article. But the only incentive I can think of is that he was losing a bet and tried to disrupt the game to avoid paying off. I'm sure there was no alcohol involved.

His mama and daddy are probably so proud.
Hes a freshman and he's from Virginia. I wonder what he knows, if anything of the Alabama-LSU rivalry.
He's a young man about to learn just how high the "stupid tax" can be.

Last edited:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
The article on ESPN said he said he did it because a friend was about to lose big on a bet. Almost sounds like Fraternity hijinx.
“The pledge gets to make the call to get me outta this bet”

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The article on ESPN said he said he did it because a friend was about to lose big on a bet. Almost sounds like Fraternity hijinx.
“The pledge gets to make the call to get me outta this bet”
Well, looks like I was really close on the betting angle -- a friend instead of young Mr. Croll himself.

The friend and Croll could be in the same fraternity, but Croll probably isn't a pledge. Pledge programs have changed a ton since I was in school. Due to an increasingly stringent definition of hazing (by both universities and the national fraternity HQs), most are now 4-6 weeks. Which means that if Croll is in a fraternity, he's likely already initiated.

But if I'm wrong, and Croll is still a pledge, and an active member used his status to induce / force Croll to make the call, there's going to be ten dozen kinds of hell to pay -- Croll himself (already in a heap o' trouble), the active, the chapter, the national fraternity....the list goes on forever.

Regardless of his intentions, the kid is accused of making a terrorist threat against about 100,000 people. (Later Note: Just read a Washington Post article that says he was identified as a suspect, "within minutes" of the call, and has already admitted making it.) If he did what he's accused of, even if he acted alone, the stupid / drunk tax on this is already going to be life-changing. If other parties are involved, even tangentially, it's going to be godamighty nasty.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The threat had nothing to do with the Alabama-LSU rivalry and the guy could have been a student anywhere. But it will get played in the court of public opinion otherwise.

Hopefully he is expelled from the university and his punishment in Louisiana will serve as a warning to other idiots out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.