Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
  • Crying
Reactions: TIDE-HSV

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Didn't I see him using a walker moving about in the Capitol building last week?

I'm surprised by this news and very sorry to hear it. RIP to a dedicated patriot.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think Cummings is a rare example of a politician who was actually a good person. I had genuine respect for him.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Wonder how Trump will react. Flags at half staff?

Addendum:
Trump tweeted this:

President Trump—who the Hill notes went after Cummings multipletimes this summer, attacking both the congressman personally and the Baltimore-area district he served—also offered his thoughts on Cummings' passing. "My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings," Trump tweeted Thursday morning. "I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!" (Read more Elijah Cummings stories.)

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
He was a good and honorable man who represented the people he loved. Too few in Congress who have his courage and conviction. Rest in Peace Elijah Cummings.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Widow of Elijah Cummings says Trump’s attacks on Baltimore ‘hurt’ the congressman - WaPo

BALTIMORE — The widow of Rep. Elijah E. Cummings said at his funeral Friday that attacks by President Trump on the congressman’s beloved hometown “hurt him” and made the final months of his life more difficult.
Maya Rockeymoore Cummings, chairwoman of the Maryland Democratic Party, said her husband was trying to protect “the soul of our democracy” and fighting “very real corruption” as chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, where he played a central role in investigating the Trump administration.
Trump lashed out at Cummings this summer, calling Baltimore, the heart of his district, a “rat-infested” place where no one would want to live. Cummings did not respond directly to the attacks, but his wife said Friday that they left a lasting wound.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think it is a safe bet that when President Donald J. Trump passes over, you will not see this kind of funeral, or the one for President Bush and John McCain. I am sure he has a fund set up somewhere to pay for pallbearers and mourners to show up.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.