News Article: Tennessee players do not see Alabama as championship team

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Well, well, well. What have we here? It sounds like some of the Puke Orange players like to live dangerously.

"Alabama may be ranked No. 1 in the country, but that does not mean the Tennessee Volunteers think the Tide is all that.

During ESPN’s coverage of the UCLA-Stanford game on Thursday night, the network’s team previewed Saturday’s game between Bama and Tennessee that will also be televised by ESPN. Molly McGrath shared a nugget of interest while previewing the game.

I talked to a couple of Tennessee’s players. They’re very confident,” McGrath said. “They said this doesn’t look like an Alabama team that can win a national championship.”

Caution: Shield your eyes from the puke orange 'T'

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
How dumb can you be? Don’t give bulletin board material even if you are good much less if you have only won a couple of games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Well, well, well. What have we here? It sounds like some of the Puke Orange players like to live dangerously.

"Alabama may be ranked No. 1 in the country, but that does not mean the Tennessee Volunteers think the Tide is all that.

During ESPN’s coverage of the UCLA-Stanford game on Thursday night, the network’s team previewed Saturday’s game between Bama and Tennessee that will also be televised by ESPN. Molly McGrath shared a nugget of interest while previewing the game.

I talked to a couple of Tennessee’s players. They’re very confident,” McGrath said. “They said this doesn’t look like an Alabama team that can win a national championship.”

Caution: Shield your eyes from the puke orange 'T'
Now what in hell would anyone from UTe know about winning championships? Of any kind?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Them beating the barn of Mississippi made them cocky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I read this the other day. Crazy.

I also read a quote from one of their players, a LB I think, that Tua was a "decent" QB.

I know the first stringers for Bama probably won't be in during the 4th quarter, but I sure hope our 2nd stringers can score a TD on every drive and allow 0 points... don't let off the gas until the clock hits zero! RTR!

RyanM

Suspended
Sep 14, 2019
UT fans never cease to amaze me. Last week they were all ready to fire Pruitt because he was an idiot that looked like the love child of one of the cone heads and Sloth from the goonies. Now, they get a win over a team that is just as hapless as they are and all of a sudden the number 1 team in the country doesn’t look like a championship team to them, and trust me, their fans are just as delusional. They had 4+ threads over there titled scenarios where we beat Bama!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
UT fans never cease to amaze me. Last week they were all ready to fire Pruitt because he was an idiot that looked like the love child of one of the cone heads and Sloth from the goonies. Now, they get a win over a team that is just as hapless as they are and all of a sudden the number 1 team in the country doesn’t look like a championship team to them, and trust me, their fans are just as delusional. They had 4+ threads over there titled scenarios where we beat Bama!
Errbody gotta plan til dey get punched in da mouf.

Mike Tyson

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I just bet CJP was sitting in a bar over a stiff drink just shaking his head. I wouldn`t blame him! That`s probably what I would be doing.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, to be fair, he didn't say that they would beat Alabama. He knows that they are about to get pummeled.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere on the forum already this week, but one more time never hurts and this thread is the perfect place:

"Man I hate Tennessee, because first of all it's Tennessee...." Preach, brother, preach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.