Family Tree making

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I’m looking for some reputable family tree making tools. I used to have a stand alone piece of software and had a lot of data in it. Computer died and software was lost so reloading wasnt an option. Seems everything is online these days. I’m leery about that. Don’t really care to load up a bunch of familial data to have it searchable by every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there. Does anyone out there have any experience with this stuff?
It’s literally been 20 years since I had collected data and loaded the stand alone software up but here recently there’s been several family members pass on. I wanted to try and get things set back up before all of my historically knowledgeable people have passed on.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I’m taking a genealogy class, and the teacher says that Ancestry.com has some privacy settings that you can prevent pretty much anybody from seeing your work. Haven’t done one myself, though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.