Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. UTe...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Not to be a downer, but I don't think Mac gets the job done.
IMO: Mac hasn't really moved the chains.
He's got to get more reliable real quick...
Glad you are not being a downer.

You do realize he will get first team reps all week in practice? Good grief. Arkie is not going to shock the world.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’ll say this... I am going to enjoy my $25 Davidoff, but I am a little concerned with Tua’s health and his unnecessary hero balling is coming back at the wrong time.

The defense being the way it is doesn’t surprise me, and was expected. They did really good things and really bad things so it’s a mixed bag. But it’s been the way it has been all year

I’m just glad we beat Tennessee.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Taulia may actually get on the field next week if the offense struggles. I doubt they felt comfortable with Taulia having to run the offense but he'll get 2nd string snaps and know the calls this upcoming week.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Let's see how he does with a week of practice and a gameplan to suit his strengths. I'll wait to see how he plays against Arky.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I think he'll do fine. At any rate, the game thread was not the place for a few to jump all over his back. He was coming in cold to a big rivalry game and having to follow a QB like Tua at that...

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I’ll say this... I am going to enjoy my $25 Davidoff, but I am a little concerned with Tua’s health and his unnecessary hero balling is coming back at the wrong time.

The defense being the way it is doesn’t surprise me, and was expected. They did really good things and really bad things so it’s a mixed bag. But it’s been the way it has been all year

I’m just glad we beat Tennessee.
I too hope Tua can get back to healthy and stay there. I don't think the pick should have ever happened. When we're at the 2 and Najee is running like a wild man, why do we need to throw the ball. I'd like to hear the reasoning on why whatever that play was supposed to be was called.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
You're right HSV...next week is the true judge for Mac Jones. He's gonna have all week the 1s. He should look better if he's capable of better.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think he'll do fine. At any rate, the game thread was not the place for a few to jump all over his back. He was coming in cold to a big rivalry game and having to follow a QB like Tua at that...
That's a tough situation for anyone...…………..he seemed to shrug it off though. With a week of reps, he will look a lot better

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I too hope Tua can get back to healthy and stay there. I don't think the pick should have ever happened. When we're at the 2 and Najee is running like a wild man, why do we need to throw the ball. I'd like to hear the reasoning on why whatever that play was supposed to be was called.
Whether you choose to say it was a stupid call or not, it was by far a worse decision to throw it after Tua broke the tackle box. Sure it was a bad call by Sark but hero balling it was still the worst thing that happened on that play. It was a 14 point swing.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Whether you choose to say it was a stupid call or not, it was by far a worse decision to throw it after Tua broke the tackle box. Sure it was a bad call by Sark but hero balling it was still the worst thing that happened on that play. It was a 14 point swing.
Agreed. Since that play did happen, the worst it should have been was a throw-away.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I'm discovering that multiple glasses of Scotch is a dangerous combination with a large stockpile of Halloween candy...
:biggrin2:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

Mob-Bama

2nd Team
Dec 14, 2001
Mobile, AL USA
One thing I will say about this defense is that we dont seem to give up too many explosive or home-run plays. When teams score on us they typically have to earn it and that eats up a ton of clock. If Tua can get back healthy ourniffense is so quick strike that, even with just a few 3 and outside for our Defense you still get lopsided scores.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Or have the refs give it to them...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I agree. Look, Mac doesn't even have to be Tua-Light to beat Arkansas. Just avoid big mistakes and get the ball to the skill guys in space. I'm sure the gameplan will emphasize just that.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I remember AJ coming into the Auburn game and looking like he was in completely over his head. I wasn't one of the guys that was pushing for Mac over Hurts as backup, but I think Mac fits the pedigree of solid Alabama backups in the past (McElroy, McCarron, Sims, Coker, edit: in other words he's no Cooper Bateman) and should in the least be serviceable.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Glad we won but that game was more stressful than I thought it would be.

I hope Tua can heal in time for LSU. It’s just crazy with the injuries. I worry each game about it. The other playoff contenders don’t have many serious injuries, especially to their QB. I know injuries happen but it just doesn’t seem fair that Bama has such bad luck lately.

I loved our new punter and the cheers he got from the crowd. Not sure why they tried Reichard .

Our defense made some good stops but we still have too many penalties . I wasn’t happy with the refs either.

I hope Mac Jones improves. In times like this I really miss Jalen .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.