Tua has had surgery per ESPN

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
I have considered the possibility of Galu making the decision for Tua to return next year in order to maybe influence MJ to transfer, or to simply give Lia the chance to be #2 for a year as Tua's backup putting him in the best position to take over for him. Of course if the family thinks Lia beating out MJ next year is a slam dunk, this is moot. There are going to be several high quality QB's in this year's draft.
i personally have confidence in MJ to be successful once he has the opportunity to work with the 1's and get in rhythm with the speed of the receivers, especially on the slants. JMO Not saying he is equally as talented, but no one else has been either.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
First, I don't see Tua sitting out unless he physically cannot play. A competitor willing to come to Alabama with Jalen Hurts coming off his Freshman season is a competitor.

As for losing to LSU - if the loss is because Tua either cannot play or cannot play effectively, you could get a second bite at the CFP apple without going to the SECCG. Remember, the committee considers key injuries in losses if those players are recovered and available for the CFP. So, IMO, if you win out and Tua looks good after the LSU game, Alabama could easily sneak into the CFP - just not ahead of an undefeated P5 conference champion.
This was discussed on the ESPN play-off show they had on yesterday. The committee takes into consideration injuries, either out or not 100%, and there is a good chance if we lose, which I don't think we will, we can still make the play-off w/o going to the SEC championship game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If he drops somebody will get a good deal.
It could work to his advantage. If he went to the Fins at #1, what kind of career might he expect with them? Dropping down a few spots might land him at a much better franchise and team that's closer to being ready to compete with a talent like his.

As for Tua staying another year, I still don't see it. Even if he dropped out of the first round, he still wouldn't make much sense to me. He's going to get paid a lot of money after this year. Shoot, if he stays in the first round the guaranteed money will be enough to live the rest of his life on in comfort!

FWIW, and I know many will disagree, but I think we are giving Tua too much grief about the play that got him injured. It's not like the play where he threw the INT when he ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. The play he got injured was a typical play when a QB gets flushed and he just was trying to avoid the pressure and got caught from behind. Sure, it's easy to say he should have thrown the ball away, but he was running toward the sideline while scanning for receivers downfield. He was probably doing what most QBs would do in that scenario. As I said in another post, 99% of the time, it's a routine tackle for loss with no injury but in this case his ankle just got rolled up on.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Football changed from teaching head to chest and wrap up, to shoulder to chest and wrap up...for the good, much safer. But it also changed to where they grab and roll, which always scares me especially when its a tackle from behind.

Now, Tua's injury was the guy diving for his legs...I guess at least given the angle he couldn't roll him.
Yes, and that's a PF now, unless the QB has become a runner...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Didn't Jalen Hurts have this surgery done last year? How long was he out?
Yes, last year. Was injured against TN. Then you had the bye week and LSU - he could not have played in the LSU game. He probably could have played against MSU, but that game was too tight for him to ever get the chance. He played in the next game against Citadel.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
o I wonder who the #2 QB will be for next week's game...? :cool2:
S

[EDIT] Why do my responses drop the first letter down below my sentence (like above)? Does anyone else here have that problem? (I am using Firefox, if that is a factor.)
Place your cursor right by the end bracket of the quote you're answering and it won't happen...

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
Tua is very accurate, runs through progressions and releases the ball quickly when he picks a target. He does not succeed only because he has great receivers. Tua has Aaron Rodgers like accuracy. Tua will go high in the draft. If he drops to the second round and the Chicago Bears draft him I would celebrate as a Bears fan but no freaking way that happens.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The only problem is that he is one of those that only posts at very few points in the year so the sunshine pumper brigade totally forgets about him.
Some of us enjoy the upside of our team. We have won 5 of 10. Seldom lose. Never lose to an unranked team.

Some love nitpicking every little thing. I just prefer to focus on the upside with regards to The Tide. That’s what makes it fun. If it ever gets to where I’m so negative about my team, I think I’d just quit watching.

Heck I used to sing Shula’s praises. But this experience should be a good one. So why try to find what’s wrong with it?

If I’m a player, I’d much prefer fans that supported me no matter what, and didn’t jump at every little chance to toss me under the bus.

But, to each......

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Some of us enjoy the upside of our team. We have won 5 of 10. Seldom lose. Never lose to an unranked team. Some love nitpicking every little thing. I just prefer to focus on the upside with regards to The Tide. That’s what makes it fun. If it ever gets to where I’m so negative about my team, I think I’d just quit watching. Heck I used to sing Shula’s praises. But this experience should be a good one. So why try to find what’s wrong with it?If I’m a player, I’d much prefer fans that supported me no matter what, and didn’t jump at every little chance to toss me under the bus. But, to each......
To some, it is a defense mechanism. IOW, if they go ahead and accept that the worst is going to happen, then if it does, they aren't so let down. To others, it is unrealistic and hypocritical perfectionism. It's those that I really can't abide, especially during the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.