Dabo's Discipline

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

I thought that was a little entertaining, but does that mean an assistant had to ride the bus with him. I didn't think they would allow a player to travel home alone like that from an away game, especially when he's really, per Dabo, a fine young man from a great family. Or did they stick him on the equipment truck.

What I want to know is did that A&M player have an unannounced suspension for his part in the Devonta episode.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I thought that was a little entertaining, but does that mean an assistant had to ride the bus with him. I didn't think they would allow a player to travel home alone like that from an away game, especially when he's really, per Dabo, a fine young man from a great family. Or did they stick him on the equipment truck.

What I want to know is did that A&M player have an unannounced suspension for his part in the Devonta episode.
I read somewhere that he rode back with the managers on the managers' bus.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I’m waiting on someone to cry foul about the whole thing.
Have I heard that some Coach way back when made a player find his own way home after doing something dumb in a game? Maybe my mind is making it up.

rocko1989

Nov 13, 2008
I read a few posts online where some folks criticized Dabo for this. Some tough justice for this kid, and hopefully he learned his lesson.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Have I heard that some Coach way back when made a player find his own way home after doing something dumb in a game? Maybe my mind is making it up.
To be clear, the player rode on the bus with the equipment managers. He was not put on a Greyhound.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Oh I know. It was a Clemson chartered bus. But still...Judy Pantywaist out there will complain that the guy was mistreated.
To be clear, the player rode on the bus with the equipment managers. He was not put on a Greyhound.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ah the first pulled string on Dabo’s Utopia. May more get pulled next weekend

The real question is - would he make Sunshine or Etienne ride the bus in a similar situation ?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
IIRC, the kid was given an apple and told to make it back by hitchhiking... :cool2

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Ah the first pulled string on Dabo’s Utopia. May more get pulled next weekend

The real question is - would he make Sunshine or Etienne ride the bus in a similar situation ?
I doubt those either of those two would risk ejection in the first place. (A DL or LB would break Sunshine in half.) Obviously, this kid has an issue... :cool2:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I read a few posts online where some folks criticized Dabo for this. Some tough justice for this kid, and hopefully he learned his lesson.
Don`t know the details of this particular incident, but I do know this because I see it everyday in the workplace. The concept of personal responsibility and accountability for one`s actions ( or inaction ) is completely alien to far too many millennials that populate today`s work force. You might as well be speaking Martian. So, the fact that some people are getting their panties in a wad over this doesn`t surprise me in the least.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.