Question: Is there a chance Tua could shut it down for the season?

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
Yes, players with repeated injuries do see their draft stock drop...but it all depends on what kinds of injuries...These type ankle surgeries are insignificant compared to say an ankle reconstruction or even an ACL...and everyone saw how he recovered from the 1st surgery in a month. ACL typically 9 to 12 months! Heck, he was practicing in 2 weeks, give or take a few days. These 2 surgeries will not affect his draft stock...a top 5 to 10 pick for sure, unless he comes back to early and is immobile...and gets hit because he is unable to maneuver as usual. I want him back bad and I know he wants revenge from last year's CU game...but i hope he does not rush it.
I suppose he knows it because most other players with repeated injuries do see their draft stock drop?

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
I read where he was not 100% till spring practice with the ankle injury last season.
I'm no expert on high ankle sprains or the tightrope surgical procedure. I haven't heard what grade his injury was. I understand their are 3 grades. Also Tua's other ankle sprain was to his plant foot and he'd had a knee injury a few weeks prior to the Georgia game so maybe his reference to May's 100% claim included both ankle and knee. I just want him to do what's best for his health. That's more important than playing against LSWho. If he's unable to play we'll just have to come up with a different game plan. I think there was some expectation that LaBryan Ray might be available for LSWho which could give us more DL depth.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Tua is a small QB. Repeated injuries are going to create questions on his durability regardless of what the injury is. But questions dont necessarily mean his draft stock drops . Tua probably could shut it down and be a 1st rounder still but no idea where he goes. Bradford still went #1 overall so who knows.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I understand some of you are "looking out for Tua's pro career" but I have a strong suspicion Tua has the attitude of Bear Bryant who said, "Yeah, my leg's broken, but I'm playing against Tennessee."

IOW, when the medical trainers clear him to play, while he may not be 100%, I don't think Tua will say to CNS, "You know coach, I'm just going to shut it down and rehab until the draft."

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I don't think he would play as soon as possible assuming he isn't risking a catastrophic injury. The Heisman is worth millions in terms of endorsement and contract money. If he can come back and win, it can be well worth it to get additional money he'll get. I feel sure he has a policy for injury this year, but it doesn't guarantee 1st round money. Regardless, he brought us a championship and we need to be thankful, whether he plays again or not.Besides, people are underestimating Mac. I think he will be much better than most fans think. He is not Tua, but no one is.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think it would be to Tua's benefit to come back and finish strong. Even if he doesn't play against LSU, if he lights up Auburn like he did last year and plays well in the post season, then his stock won't be hurt.

Remember Jalen had the same injury last year, had the surgery, then came back after several weeks of rehab. The injury didn't hinder him in the SECCG and certainly has had no impact on his play this year.

A high ankle sprain isn't like a serious knee injury or a broken bone. I think most NFL teams would love to have Tua.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Is there a chance Tua shuts it down? I suppose there’s a chance of most anything happening, but I’ve not seen or heard anything whatsoever that would make me think he will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am just wondering why anyone would even ask the question. We have seen nothing out of this individual or his family that suggests that he is looking to take the easy way out of anything. He is a warrior. He isn't backing down from this fight.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I am just wondering why anyone would even ask the question. We have seen nothing out of this individual or his family that suggests that he is looking to take the easy way out of anything. He is a warrior. He isn't backing down from this fight.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Full banjeaux for that, BIG.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Huzzah! To this....... the guy has more heart and fight in him than many can say they have. He is a tough player and a competitor........ and he isn’t done

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I want him to be back for LSU if healthy. But there’s also a side of me that would enjoy beating them with Mac in there. That would kill their soul lol.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.