Nov 13, 2010
Yeah, not sure if we are talking about an Appeal to an Appeal... :conf3:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Yeah, not sure if we are talking about an Appeal to an Appeal... :conf3:
That makes sense. The initial thing we were waiting on was the appeal, that was denied, and now we're waiting on the appeal to the appeal. And people say that the NCAA is confusing. :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That makes sense. The initial thing we were waiting on was the appeal, that was denied, and now we're waiting on the appeal to the appeal. And people say that the NCAA is confusing. :)
I thought it was a waiver that was denied, so UA/Quinerly appealed that denial.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I thought it was a waiver that was denied, so UA/Quinerly appealed that denial.
True ... I think the confusion came in where some of the fans were thinking the waiver was the same thing as an appeal. They are appealing the results of the wavier status. Which is honestly the right move. Doesn't make sense for him to miss more time after sitting out for an investigation last season that conducted he and his family didn't do anything wrong.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
If I were JQ and his family the next thing they would hear from me is "see ya in court and bring all the other waivers you've approved while you're at it".
I'd also have my atty file an injunction to try to keep the NCAA from keeping me from playing while the lawsuit is in process.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
From AL.com article ...
-- Alabama will have a conference call before Monday’s game against Florida Atlantic and they should receive an answer fairly quickly after the call -- likely before tipoff -- about Jahvon Quinerly’s appeal to the NCAA, which denied his waiver to play this season. Oats said they can only control what they can control.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
If I were JQ and his family the next thing they would hear from me is "see ya in court and bring all the other waivers you've approved while you're at it".
I'd also have my atty file an injunction to try to keep the NCAA from keeping me from playing while the lawsuit is in process.
So... how much are you willing to spend on lawyers to try to get eligibility this year?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Okay NCAA. I use to have just simple disdain for you. Now I loathe you. The absolute absurd and capricious nature of this ruling simply confirm what has been stated time and time again. There isn’t a damn lick of consistency and fairness in anything you do.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Just shaking my head ... I really don't get the NCAA ... really don't. The sad thing is Wiesman will most likely play the whole year and won't get penalized ... but this young man can play after sitting out due to be falsely accused of something similar. Makes no since at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.