Will Gameday be at BAMA vs L8U (YES - on the Quad)

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Re: Will Gameday be at BAMA vs L8U

Herbie wants to go to Minnesota...

SDS
On his podcast this morning, Herbstreit said that if it was any other weekend they would go to Minnesota, but the significance of the Alabama/LSU game is too much to pass. He didn't say they would definitely be in Tuscaloosa, but it certainly sounded like it.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

On his podcast this morning, Herbstreit said that if it was any other weekend they would go to Minnesota, but the significance of the Alabama/LSU game is too much to pass. He didn't say they would definitely be in Tuscaloosa, but it certainly sounded like it.
I seriously doubt they pass on this matchup.
We took the kids to the CFB Hall of Fame before the Duke game. They have CGD desk with a green screen. You get to record a video of you predictions “with” Rece and Desmond and they email it to you. Pretty good stuff for the kiddos.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

They are definitely coming. If they did not it would be the worst TV sports mistake since the "Heidi Game". Us older posters know this game and younger ones only have to google "Heidi Game".

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

If Gameday comes for the game then my pick for guest picker is Tim Anderson! American League Batting Title...335 Average. Plays for the White Sox. He is from Tuscaloosa.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

If Gameday came to T-town the guest picker would likely be someone out of left field like Walton Goggins or Michael Biehn. It is rarely a person that is an obvious pick.

Just think about it. Out of all of the guest pickers at Alabama. The only obvious one we have had was Joe Namath. Most of ours are fans half this board doesn’t know or a guy CNS just happened to have in town to speak to the team like Mark Luttrell. Alabama just doesn’t have the all star fan or alumni base that others have or the former players of others sports like LSU has. So usually it seems to be a challenge to find an allstar pick when they come to T-town.
Well, there's Fannie Flagg. She's Bama alum.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Well, he did say "If it were only my decision"...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I'm available if asked...
I recommend TIDE-HSV. Don't they even KNOW who he is?
IF TIDE-HSV turns them down, then I recommend GrayTide.

Thanks TW really takes the pressure off me since Al A Bama recommended me as backup to Earle and I had a prior commitment. :wink:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Not to be an arrogant stooge, but if we're getting someone from Tidefans, I'm the one who's already been on "60 Minutes" and NPR and whose expertise on Alabama football was
sought by "The Wall Street Journal" before we played Notre Dame.........

(Pick me! Pick me!)

(I'm not an Alabama alum, but I DO have an Associates Degree from the CCAF based in Montgomery, and I WAS accepted for admission to the school in 19.........)

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

A couple of thoughts....

They add nothing to MY game day but then again I'm not getting there at 0530 and probably won't go by the set no matter what time they get there. It just has very little appeal to me. That said, come on Game Day. We've been the national spotlight before and will be the national spotlight again. I'll do my thing with or without you.:wink:

There needs to be a CLASSY female guest picker unlike the Katy Perry corn dog version in 2014. Sela Ward or Melissa Joan Hart would be perfect. Both are huge fans and would definitely represent us with pride.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Personally, I find the entire concept of having a guest picker of one of the schools.....lame.

Does anyone REALLY think that if an Alabama grad is at the game as guest picker that that person is going to pick LSU to win EVEN IF THEY THINK LSU WILL WIN???

The purpose, of course, is to light up the crowd before they go to the game.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

On any other weekend Gameday should go to Minnesota, two undefeated top 15 teams. But Tuscaloosa will be the location of two top two teams and a much bigger game with two bigger fanbases and I would like it better if they went there. But if Gameday decides to go to Minnesota, where I dont believe they have ever gone before, it wouldn't really matter that much.
I'm guessing if they pass on T Town, SEC network will go there so that is good too.:BigA:

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018

To me, where they go for Gameday is of very little importance. But, where they decide to go will show that the Mouse (ESPN, ABC, Disney) knows where their bread is buttered. A break from that, going to Minnesota instead, will be a big deal to the Big 10, though not as much to us longtime SEC football fans. It also shows ESPN tipping their hat to changing what Gameday and their football coverage is all about.

Count on this: wherever they wind up, they will spend a nauseating amount of time blabbering about the other game they didn't go to.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018

Not to be an arrogant stooge, but if we're getting someone from Tidefans, I'm the one who's already been on "60 Minutes" and NPR and whose expertise on Alabama football was
sought by "The Wall Street Journal" before we played Notre Dame.........

(Pick me! Pick me!)

(I'm not an Alabama alum, but I DO have an Associates Degree from the CCAF based in Montgomery, and I WAS accepted for admission to the school in 19.........)
I like your recommendation! Definitely would like someone with some real pedigree in there for their guest picker. However, if you want a show pony, I might throw out that I do co-host the Reddit college football weekly online show From The Stands :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjAipJoia-d4Hxu7FvRYjtA

Just kidding about the show pony comment hahaha.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Personally I think they should go to Minnesota or Minnesota State. Either one will be tickle to have CGD.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.