Game Thread: Auburn at LSU

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
After reading 31 pages, about 62% of which were complaints about lack of holding calls, my takeaways are:

Burrow cracks under pressure
LSU’s defensive backs suck
LSU gets all the calls at home
Alabama never gets any calls
Gus is an awful coach

You guys did get what you were hoping for, a physical war in which players were banged up. Delpit, Stevens and Stingley (although they are part of the sucky DBs) all were injured. Burrow took a shot to his knee.

Happy to get out with a win against a very good Auburn team. Dub, your defense is really, really good.
You're on a Bama board. What do you expect? There are several LSU boards that will provide you with what you want to read/"hear". But my guess is it won't be here. :)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
After reading 31 pages, about 62% of which were complaints about lack of holding calls, my takeaways are:

Gus is an awful coach

You guys did get what you were hoping for, a physical war in which players were banged up. Delpit, Stevens and Stingley (although they are part of the sucky DBs) all were injured. Burrow took a shot to his knee.

Happy to get out with a win against a very good Auburn team. Dub, your defense is really, really good.
We literally played in a game tonight, at home no less, in which our opponent was not called for a single penalty. Now you tell me, is Arkansas so good and disciplined so as to expect such a result?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Gus is an awful coach

Maybe an LSU fan board would suit you better.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Gus is an awful coach

Hope you swing by the tent on gameday. Glad Alabama and LSU both made it into this game undefeated. As to your list:

Burrow had a great game.
LSU seems to have a very weak secondary this year - let's see if they prove me wrong in 2 weeks.
Most teams get the calls at home (Alabama is the exception to this rule, and statistics going back a decade back this up).
The one flag thrown on Arkansas was waved off because Diggs scored on the play. One flag, on the road, in an entire game. :rolleyes:
I hope that Auburn keeps Gus forever.

You know that no one here was wishing injuries upon either team, right? Wishing a tough game upon them is not the same thing as wishing injuries upon them.

Roll Tide! & Go Bucks!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
LSU had almost 500 yards of offense against a very good college defense, probably the best in the SEC. I think that our defense is getting better, except for not being able to shut down the edge, but they are going to score on Alabama, so we had better be able to score, as well.

rtr

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Of course I know I am on a Bama board, but the reason I like it here is you tend to get more objectivity than a typical homer board. This thread was just filled with complaints about no holding on top of the fact that most posters despise both teams, especially if they are having success.

I know you don’t want players to have true injuries that affect their careers. What I meant by banged up was just worn out, body taking punishment, and hurting. I guarantee you that many of our players wouldn’t be 100% if we played this Sat. For once, this is a fortuitous bye week.

I didn’t get to watch the Alabama game. I was at a “no Bama on the TV” friends house. I’d say I need better friends but he boiled up some delicious crabs. The fact that Arkansas had zero penalties does not compute, but not seeing the game, I defer to y’all.

I’ll try to swing by the tent, even if it’s just for a 5 min hello.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
LSU had almost 500 yards of offense against a very good college defense, probably the best in the SEC. I think that our defense is getting better, except for not being able to shut down the edge, but they are going to score on Alabama, so we had better be able to score, as well.

rtr
LSU ran almost 2x as many plays. That won’t happen in 2 weeks

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Didn't get to see the whole game , but my take was that it would be a dogfight between 2 very good teams. Looks like it happened. Both those teams are really good. Both are sore today. That team from Baton Rouge is coming and they play a good brand of ball. Bama knows all about them. I hope we are up to the challenge. I believe LSU is worthy of their rep. I think Bama will play well. We could lose. That is usually a possibility. But the name LSU will bring out the Tide like no other except the Awbun bunch. I say Bama will respond. Roll Tide!!:BigA:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Of course I know I am on a Bama board, but the reason I like it here is you tend to get more objectivity than a typical homer board. This thread was just filled with complaints about no holding on top of the fact that most posters despise both teams, especially if they are having success.

I know you don’t want players to have true injuries that affect their careers. What I meant by banged up was just worn out, body taking punishment, and hurting. I guarantee you that many of our players wouldn’t be 100% if we played this Sat. For once, this is a fortuitous bye week.

I didn’t get to watch the Alabama game. I was at a “no Bama on the TV” friends house. I’d say I need better friends but he boiled up some delicious crabs. The fact that Arkansas had zero penalties does not compute, but not seeing the game, I defer to y’all.

I’ll try to swing by the tent, even if it’s just for a 5 min hello.
Part of the lack of objectivity comes from the fact that many (including many on this board) hold Bama to a different standard and it feels unfair. The networks skim over the fact that our offense is “Top 3” elite. They also treat our defense as “average” yet continually improve each week despite the four-five major injuries we are dealing with as well as the lost bodies that should be playing but are gone. Instead of heaping praise on Saban and Golding for managing a group that are extremely young in the middle, they are discussed as being below standard

If you took the exact same roster, schedule and results and put that team in Baton Rouge, Columbus, Athens, Norman, Ann Arbor or South Bend, we would be hearing about those HCs and DCs being discussed as COTY candidates. But we have to sit through “experts” like Cole, Griese, Palmer, and the like saying Bama may be the third best team in the SEC?

All while the kids deal with cheap shots, late hits, multiple holding calls, blocks in the back, and nothing happens? But when Lewis gets called for holding last week and reply shows he was 2-3 yards from the player and never touched him. Or when DeVonta gets called for a “blind side” block from in FRONT of the dB, and they aren’t critiqued or discussed, then you have to believe that something else is happening

Whether consciously or subconsciously, the world outside of this board has an amazing woody for LSU right now. So if you are disappointed that we aren’t as turned on as everyone else, I apologize.

But if what I think will happen, happens....then be prepared for TVs to all be shut off in the 4th quarter across Louisiana, and tweets from drunk Cajuns about Orgeron being fired and Bama being lucky will be rampant.

Last edited:

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Part of the lack of objectivity comes from the fact that many (including many on this board) hold Bama to a different standard and it feels unfair. The networks skim over the fact that our offense is “Top 3” elite. They also treat our defense as “average” yet continually improve each week despite the four-five major injuries we are dealing with as well as the lost bodies that should be playing but are gone. Instead of heaping praise on Saban and Golding for managing a group that are extremely young in the middle, they are discussed as being below standard

If you took the exact same roster, schedule and results and put that team in Baton Rouge, Columbus, Athens, Norman, Ann Arbor or South Bend, we would be hearing about those HCs and DCs being discussed as COTY candidates. But we have to sit through “experts” like Cole, Griese, Palmer, and the like saying Bama may be the third best team in the SEC?

All while the kids deal with cheap shots, late hits, multiple holding calls, blocks in the back, and nothing happens? But when Lewis gets called for holding last week and reply shows he was 2-3 yards from the player and never touched him. Or when DeVonta gets called for a “blind side” block from in FRONT of the dB, and they aren’t critiqued or discussed, then you have to believe that something else is happening

Whether consciously or subconsciously, the world outside of this board has an amazing woody for LSU right now. So if you are disappointed that we aren’t as turned on as everyone else, I apologize.

But if what I think will happen, happens....then be prepared for TVs to all be shut off in the 4th quarter across Louisiana, and tweets from drunk Cajuns about Orgeron being fired and Bama being lucky will be rampant.
no doubt we are the darling of CFB right now. The college FB world outside of Bama and Clemson want to see someone else play for the championship, just like everyone is tired of Tom Brady and the Patriots. Take it as a compliment. Bama has set the bar.

It’s great to be passionate about your team, but at the end of the day (or earlier) I would like to think i could have a beer or a whiskey with anyone here and enjoy chatting about our teams.

As for the game in 13 days, I’m looking forward to a good one. I hope we are still in the game in the 4th.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I laughed for about 5 minutes after they showed that on TV. I am not sure that you can do anything about it as an official. Maybe the sport should require that players sit out more than one play after an official's TO is called so they can receive assistance on the field.
My wife saw it and asked what was wrong. I explained that they teach that at AU...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Was watching when this happened. Does the SEC office look at things like this or it just allowed without anything being done to stop it. I remember a few years back when we played LSU they did this and had 4 players down on one play.
This stuck in my mind. I do not think these guys were seriously injured (at least I hope not), and I do not think they were trying for an "Auburn timeout"). Three guys on one play, though, is odd.
LSUquit.jpg

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I like it CajunCrimson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.