Best scene in film history......

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Best scene ever.

I’ve watched that film once. That was too real to watch again. Although my grandfathers didn’t storm the beach, they were veterans of the war and I can’t imagine my Papaw going thru that hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
My entire family would vote this: (when I was in Philly a few weeks ago, brought my 13yo daughter back a Rocky t-shirt with his hands upraised at the Philly Library and she declared it the best t-shirt ever received.)

Others: Opening scenes of Patton, The Great Escape, Saving Private Ryan, Lawrence of Arabia

Last edited:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
In Lonesome Dove Gus didn't put up with dawdling service from a surly bar tender.

Call would not tolerate rude behavior in a man.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
This scene gets my vote for the best piece of acting I've seen. Anne Hathaway is an amazing talent. To be able to put this amount of emotion into a scene while singing is something I haven't seen anyone else do. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, Les Miserables, do not watch this. It is extremely powerful in the context of what this poor creature has been through and should be view for the first time in that context.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Speaking of Nicholson - Five Easy Pieces - I believe his first starring role after his bit part in Easy Rider. The diner scene:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This scene gets my vote for the best piece of acting I've seen. Anne Hathaway is an amazing talent. To be able to put this amount of emotion into a scene while singing is something I haven't seen anyone else do. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, Les Miserables, do not watch this. It is extremely powerful in the context of what this poor creature has been through and should be view for the first time in that context.

Not a bad nomination. I remember her being interviewed after the making of the film and she and her costar starved themselves down so far that they would just embrace and cry together over hunger. My wife and I have seen two stage versions and the film. We have it on Blu-Ray, but the last time we watched it, when we got to the scene where he confesses "I am ValJean," we looked at each other and said that we didn't want to go through it again...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Man, that was a powerful movie.

There's "Zulu" - and "Zulu Dawn". In one of them the British are the windshield....the other they are the bug. I have both on DVD. :)

And you know most anything with Michael Caine is going to be special.

Like this one directed by John Huston.
From Wiki:
The Man Who Would Be King had been a pet project of John Huston's for many years after he had read the book as a child. Huston had planned to make the film since the 1950s, originally with Clark Gable and Humphrey Bogart in the roles of Daniel and Peachy. He was unable to get the project off the ground before Bogart died in 1957; Gable followed in 1960. Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas were then approached to play the leads, followed by Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole. In the 1970s, Huston approached Robert Redford and Paul Newman for the roles. Newman advised Huston that British actors should play the roles, and it was he who recommended Connery and Caine. Caine was very keen to appear especially after he was told that his part had originally been written for Humphrey Bogart, his favorite actor as a young man.

Christopher Plummer was cast as Rudyard Kipling as a last minute replacement for Richard Burton.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Would_Be_King_(film)#cite_note-7
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Would_Be_King_(film)#cite_note-7

(Christopher Plummer when he was younger)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I asked Mrs. Tidewater and she said the scene from Casablanca when Ingrid Bergman realizes that Bogey is going to give her and Victor Laslo the passes.

My favorite is Field of Dreams, "People will come, Ray."

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.