Best scene in film history......

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Honorable mention, at least in terms of punch in the gut impact.
Saving Private Ryan, "Earn This."
Excellent choice.

When the movie came out, only about half of the people I talked to about it had the remotest clue that Hanks’ character was speaking as much to those of us in the audience, as he was to Pvt. Ryan.

Even though Captain John Miller was a fictional character, that’s a huge lesson.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I asked Mrs. Tidewater and she said the scene from Casablanca when Ingrid Bergman realizes that Bogey is going to give her and Victor Laslo the passes.

My favorite is Field of Dreams, "People will come, Ray."
I saw this movie after my father died. When Ray ask his dad to play catch, I had to leave the room. It still gets me to this day.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Andrew Prine on piano. Hardy Krueger near the end of the clip. Some great actors here....
In the book Currahee (by a soldier who served in the 506th PIR, 101st Airborne Division) the author told how the weak ones who dropped out of airborne school ended up getting bussed to Anniston/Ft. McClellan and becoming MPs.
Throughout the rest of the war, whenever paratroopers ended up in the same place as MPs (especially if alcohol was involved) some paratrooper would make a smart comments and then the fists would fly. Two groups of soldiers who genuinely did not like each other.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Not a bad nomination. I remember her being interviewed after the making of the film and she and her costar starved themselves down so far that they would just embrace and cry together over hunger. My wife and I have seen two stage versions and the film. We have it on Blu-Ray, but the last time we watched it, when we got to the scene where he confesses "I am ValJean," we looked at each other and said that we didn't want to go through it again...
I got maybe 1/3 of the way through the book and tapped out because I didn't want to keep going through it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.