Apparently Bama is ripping GaTech a new one

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Aight...if your college team can only score 16 points in a basketball game...you shouldn't have a team. A. College. Team...16 points. Sorry for the derail.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Aight...if your college team can only score 16 points in a basketball game...you shouldn't have a team. A. College. Team...16 points. Sorry for the derail.
AUM is transitioning from NAIA to D2. But still, that is pretty bad. Our team hasn’t been very good in years, went 14-17 last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
A couple of posts on here have alluded to GT not being real good. Be that as it may, at least the team didn't play down to the competition and scored points. There have been lots of games in the last 20 yrs that we had a better team (even if only slightly) and couldn't pull off the win or greatly underperformed. I am excited to see these guys on the court this season and see what a little coaching and developement can do.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
A couple of posts on here have alluded to GT not being real good. Be that as it may, at least the team didn't play down to the competition and scored points. There have been lots of games in the last 20 yrs that we had a better team (even if only slightly) and couldn't pull off the win or greatly underperformed. I am excited to see these guys on the court this season and see what a little coaching and developement can do.
I suspect GaTech this year is better than Ga State was last year.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
I suspect GaTech this year is better than Ga State was last year.
Not sure I would agree with that.

Georgia State won their conference and their conference tournament; They made the NCAA last year. Georgia State beat Georgia. Georgia State made the NCAA the year before as well.

This year most are predicting Georgia Tech to finish #13 in the ACC with a ranking in the 130s... Last year Georgia Tech had a losing record again and lost their game against Georgia (who Georgia tech defeated).

So yes, not sure how optimistic I would be about Georgia Tech being better than Georgia State was last year. Whether it was qualifying for the NCAA, how they performed in their conference or their record against shared opponents, Georgia State topped Tech in every category.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I've seen preseaon reports on GTech ranking them as high as 7th to as low as 12th preseason. So its pretty much saying they are a middle pack team in a tough conference.

This was a quality start against good competition ... its not like they played a division II team like another program that will remain nameless ...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.