Apparently Bama is ripping GaTech a new one

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I listened to the via TuneIn app and the second half was awesome! These guys will turn some heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
66% percent of their makes were off assists. That tells you there's very little ISO, "create your shot" going on. I think you'll see set progressions on most every possession run quickly into the clock, just as Coach said. Not sure what GT has this year, but this is good for at least tempered excitement.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I did a quick recap on the charity game thread. There were a lot of positives and of course things to work on but overall there was nothing done to change my excitement for this team. I think we will catch a lot of teams off guard this season. Not saying we will win every game but hard to see this team not putting up a good effort in each game.

G Tech will most-likely be a mid tier ACC team this year. They played solid but keep in mind they are nowhere near the top tier of the conference. We outplayed them which again says a lot about our effort.

Also the News & Observer think GT will make the tourney this year as well:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/sports/article231969547.html

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This was an exhibition game. I thought our exhibitions were usually against D2 teams and not P5 schools.

A nice win, even if it doesn’t count.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This was an exhibition game. I thought our exhibitions were usually against D2 teams and not P5 schools.

A nice win, even if it doesn’t count.

1. In contrast, the women played AUM and beat the brakes off them 105-16. I think they should have a pretty solid year if everyone remains healthy.

2. It really was, they are a mid-tier team in a pretty stacked ACC this year. Most believe GT is a tournament team.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
So how good is Ga Tech supposed to be this year...? :conf3:
Here's what the Raleigh News & Observer says about them ...

Here’s your “surprise” team. Jose Alvarado and James Banks are a legit point guard/big combo. The Yellow Jackets just need help in between.

(Let’s pause here to note the immediate eligibility of Banks, a transfer from Texas, was a gift from the NCAA last season and worth at least four ACC wins.)

Sophomore guard Michael Devoe made nearly 40 percent of his 3s and showed some real promise, as did Raleigh’s Moses Wright. The success of the season might hinge on wing Jordan Usher, a transfer from USC.

It’s an advantage that the Jackets avoid Duke, Carolina and Virginia in the home-and-home ACC set.

Josh Pastner won 31 games in his fourth season at Memphis. This is Year 4 for him in Atlanta. With Banks in the middle of that funky zone, the Jackets are handful on defense. If they are just marginal on offense, they’ll make their first NCAA tournament trip since 2010.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.