Anybody go to the scrimmages?

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Did anyone roll in to check out the scrimmages? I was going to go, but we decided to go check out the basketball exhibition instead and the wife didn't want to hit up both.

LukeBentley

Scout Team
May 31, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
www.comcast.net
Sorry for the delay on the recap of last Sunday's Baseball Scrimmage (Games) vs. Southern Miss.

Alabama and Southern Miss played a total of 14 innings. The 2 teams played 2 7 inning games with Alabama splitting the DH. Game 1 went to Alabama, winning (10-1) while Game 2 went to Southern Miss (5-4).

I was really impressed with the new recruits. 3 new recruits really stood out. They were Connor Prielipp, from Wisconsin,; Jim Jarvis, San Diego, CA, and Antoine Jean, (Pronounced "John", French name) from Montreal, Canada.

I am going to give the lineups from both games and stats from each:

Game 1: Alabama 10 Runs, 9 Hits, 0 E
USM 1 Run, 6 Hits, 3 E

Game 2: Alabama 4 Runs, 6 Hits 0 E
USM 5 Runs, 6 Hits, 1 E

Line Up and Stats from Game 1:

Jim Jarvis, SS, 2 for 3, 1 K and 1 HR, 2 RBI
Brett Auerbach, C, 1 for 3, 1 2B, 1 BB
TJ Reeves, LF, 1 for 3
Tyler Gentry, RF, 1 for 4, 1 HR
Zane Denton, 3B, 0 for 3, 1 BB, 1 K
Owen Diodatti, DH, 0 for 2, 1 BB, 1 K
Myles Austin, 2B, 1 for 4, 2 K's, 1 2B
Drew Williamson, 1B, 0 for 3, 1 BB
Jackson Tate, CF, 0 for 3, 1 K, 1 FC

Pitching:

Connor Prielipp, 3 IP, 4 K's, 0 BB 2 H
Connor Shamblin, 2 IP, 1 R, ER, 2 K's, 2 H
Landon Green, 2 IP, 1 BB, 1 K, 2 H

LukeBentley

Scout Team
May 31, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
www.comcast.net
Game 2 Recap:

Pitching:

Antoine Jean("John")- 2 IP, 1 K, 1 H
Dylan Smith- 2 2/3 IP, 1 K, 1 BB, 2 H, 2 R,ER
Garrett Hester- 2/3 IP, 1 K, 1 BB, 3 H, 3 R, ER
Ryan O'connell- 1 2/3 IP, 3 K's

Hitting:

Jim Jarvis- SS, 1 for 2, 2 BB
Kyle Robinson- 2B, 0 for 4, 1 K; left bases loaded in the 6th and struck out
Owen Diodatti-DH, 0 for 2, 1 K, 1 BB
Zane Denton- 1B, 0 for 3, 3 K's
Justin King-RF, 2 for 4, 1 K, 1 Run Scored
Tyler Ras-LF, 1 for 2, 1 triple, 1 BB, 2 Runs Scored
Myles Austin-CF, 1 for 2, 1 2B, 1 K
William Hamiter-3B, 0 for 2, 1 BB
Peyton Wilson-C, 0 for 2, 2 Fly outs

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Thank you. I guess I am going to have to learn about these arms as time goes by. I know that Shamblin had some inning last year but that seems ages ago now.

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Thanks. I notice Ras didn't throw any innings. Think he'll be more of a position guy this year, or were they just wanting to get some live action with some of the new pitchers and guys who maybe had less of a role last year?

LukeBentley

Scout Team
May 31, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
www.comcast.net
I was assuming that Coach Bohannon was looking at who pitched this past summer in the summer leagues and did not play the main upper classman that much. (Ex: Tyler Ras for pitching). Kolby Robinson only played in the 2nd game but I saw his parents and he will be our SS going into the new season. Coach "Bo" wanted to see what Myles Austin and Jim Jarvis will be able to do. It is a battle between Jarvis and Austin for 2nd base. Our C, Sam Praytor, did not play in the scrimmage. The 1st game he used Auerbach and 2nd game he used Peyton Wilson, younger brother of Ross and John Parker.

Sam is coming off of TJ surgery and the coaches were holding him back for the upcoming spring. I hope we can have him back by Spring time. I feel real good for the upcoming new year. We have some great incoming Freshmen, especially Antoine Jean and Connor Prelipp. Both of those pitchers looked great.

I hope this helps you out.

Roll Tide!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Praytor is an SEC caliber talent and it will be great to see him back when he is able. Thanks for posting these comments, guys.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.